Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woodhouse College Sixth Form - Completely Panicking!!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from Woodhouse College about them not having yet received my school report, but I remember printing off a copy of the report from the website, giving it to my Head of Year to sign, then posting it FIRST CLASS all on the same day. All I'm thinking of now is that the post either lost my mail, or this is a clerical mistake on their part. I'm literally stressing because I really want to get into this sixth form and get out of my high school. Any reassurances from people??

Has anyone else got an email like mine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenns_lifestyle)
    I just got an email from Woodhouse College about them not having yet received my school report, but I remember printing off a copy of the report from the website, giving it to my Head of Year to sign, then posting it FIRST CLASS all on the same day. All I'm thinking of now is that the post either lost my mail, or this is a clerical mistake on their part. I'm literally stressing because I really want to get into this sixth form and get out of my high school. Any reassurances from people??

Has anyone else got an email like mine?
    I received an email like this from them a few days ago and I sent their admissions team an email and got my Head of Year to send them an email and got everything sorted out within a day. Perhaps send them an email asking them to resend your Head of Year the reference form (in email form because it's easier) for them to complete? I hope everything gets cleared up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortasad)
    I received an email like this from them a few days ago and I sent their admissions team an email and got my Head of Year to send them an email and got everything sorted out within a day. Perhaps send them an email asking them to resend your Head of Year the reference form (in email form because it's easier) for them to complete? I hope everything gets cleared up
    Thanks for the reply, literally everyone in my year who applied got the email and we were all stressing and panicking so bad. I spoke to my Head of Year today about it and he said he won't be signing any forms until after our 'Mock Results Day' which is on the 5th of February. Will this hinder any of my chances of getting in given that it probably won't get done until two/three weeks later, and interviews would have already happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenns_lifestyle)
    Thanks for the reply, literally everyone in my year who applied got the email and we were all stressing and panicking so bad. I spoke to my Head of Year today about it and he said he won't be signing any forms until after our 'Mock Results Day' which is on the 5th of February. Will this hinder any of my chances of getting in given that it probably won't get done until two/three weeks later, and interviews would have already happened?
    I would definitely send Woodhouse an email letting them know what is going on and to see whether something else can be done. Most of the interviews are in February however, there are interviews on the 5th and 9th of March so you could go to those? It could hinder your chances a tad but its not definite and even then they may put you on the waiting list and you can go to them on results day with your results and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    You see that's my issue cause it's not even our fault that the references are coming in late but our head of years cause of the headteacher!! It's so unfair that because of our schools deliberate sabotage, our chances of leaving are slimming down 😡😡

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.