Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Still not moved on after a year Watch

Announcements

I'm not the type of guy that would ask any girl out. I'd have to really feel something for me to ask a girl out.
    Basically last year I really liked a girl from my university but I got rejected. I didn't directly ask her out, but when she found out I was interested in her, she just said she's not interested. For obvious reasons we cut contact after that.
    A few months later, I found out that she decided to leave my university and transfer to another uni which she started this year. Nothing to do with me obviously, I stopped contacting her after she said she wasn't interested. I know that once it's a no, it's a no and I respect her decision.
    Before university began, I was really excited as I hated sixth form and thought that university might be a good time to meet someone. I didn't think about this problem much during the first semester this year, but now that I'm in my final semester, I'm just feeling a bit disappointed that things didn't go so well. I did think last year 'maybe someone I like more will come in my life next year', but that didn't happen. I do speak to a lot of girls in university, but I'm not interested in anything relationship wise with any of them. I'd only really wanted.
    One of my close friends has mentioned several times that I really need to move on as this is preventing me from living life and enjoying university.
    I don't want university to end as I won't get to meet as many people after, decreasing my chance of moving on.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with your friend friend

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    I agree with your friend friend
    My friend also said that she's shocked that I haven't moved on and has never seen someone so focussed on one girl for this long.

I just wish I could go to a new university as a first year and start my life fresh...

ReputationRep:
    Stalkerish behaviour from you, the was never no relationship between you two get over it nothing happened, you are just being weird. I say that girl made the right decision.

(Original post by Mancini)
    Stalkerish behaviour from you, the was never no relationship between you two get over it nothing happened, you are just being weird. I say that girl made the right decision.
    I've not been stalking anyone. I've just been dwelling on it. And it's true, there was really not anything that happened. I guess it's all psychological. My friends think it makes no sense because they perceive some of the other girls I talk to more attractive than this girl and don't really think she's that attractive, but there's some non explanatory psychological attachment there.
    Before I met this girl, I was so much more content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    I know right. How can you be so fixed on someone you didn't even have a thing with, if you had been intimate I would be more sympathetic but there's really nothing here. You love a ghost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    I know right. How can you be so fixed on someone you didn't even have a thing with, if you had been intimate I would be more sympathetic but there's really nothing here. You love a ghost
    He sounds like he simply has no experience with girls and still fantasizes about them. Still putting them on a pedalstool. It's not a good look and stinks of desperation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've not been stalking anyone. I've just been dwelling on it. And it's true, there was really not anything that happened. I guess it's all psychological. My friends think it makes no sense because they perceive some of the other girls I talk to more attractive than this girl and don't really think she's that attractive, but there's some non explanatory psychological attachment there.
    Before I met this girl, I was so much more content.
    Yeah sure, just you mentioning she's moved uni and all is a bit much. You asked her out she said no move on and live life , the chick didn't even kiss you Wtf.

ReputationRep:
    Purchase yourself a dog , it will never leave you. Think about all those lovely walks in the park you can have.

I should have mentioned I went to a strip club as a result of the frustration. At the time it was an extremely pleasurable experience, but it didn't change any thoughts about this girl and I felt very guilty afterwards.
    I still have doubts I'd ever find anyone that I'll feel the same way with. I mean I speak to loads of girls as friends, but it just won't feel right being with any of them. I wouldn't want to ever get married if I'm permanently in this state as I don't want to ruin someone elses life. Maybe I'll get famous as the man who can't be moved.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.