Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have applied and received offers from all my universities, I know I'm going to have Greenwich university as my safety choice but I don't know which of the universities above I preffer as my first choice and was wondering if anyone could help. I got practically the same offer from all of them.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blancagazz)
    Hello, I have applied and received offers from all my universities, I know I'm going to have Greenwich university as my safety choice but I don't know which of the universities above I preffer as my first choice and was wondering if anyone could help. I got practically the same offer from all of them.
    Hi,

Clearly I am biased, since I'm at Reading, but I'll tell you my experiences of Reading and hopefully it might give you more of an insight which might help you decide.

What course are you planning on doing? Then I might be able to tell you more tailored things.

But generally .. Our campus is beautiful, its very open and has lots of green spaces, the lake which has lots of ducks and things, and is really lovely to walk around. We also have the Harris Gardens which is kind of hidden on campus and has like ornamental gardens with lots of flowers and things, so is great to take a break from work or revision. The campus is so lush it has won the Green Flag award for 5 years in a row recognising how good space is.

We also have a really good students union, within this we have 150 sports clubs and socities, including the standard clubs such as football, hockey and netball and societies such as the baking and debate society. But we also have a few quirky ones such as Quidditch, Beyonce and circus arts. Here is the link to all the different clubs https://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/. The students union building also has our onsite bar Mojos, which does pub like food and drinks. We also have Quiz and Karaoke nights every Thursday, Comedy nights every other Tuesday. On a Wednesday and Saturday we have club nights so the whole of union is turned into a club room with four different rooms each with different music. My favourite is the cheese room, they play spice girls and busted, but they also do normal chart music.

We also have a range of accommodation types, ranging from shared bathrooms to en-suite and catered and self catered. These also range in prizes so you should be able to find something within your budget. Here is the link to have a further look at accommodation https://www.reading.ac.uk/life/accom...ospective.aspx .

Finally our library open 24 hours a day apart from Saturday night. Which is really handy if you are a late worker, or if you have forgotten to return a book in the daytime because you have till midnight to return it. Also a lot of the resources are accessible online with you uni login, which I find really helpful as it means you have access to them from home, and more than one person can use them at once. The library space itself is really lovely, they've spend loads of money refurbishing it so all the desk and chairs are modern, there are group study pods, arm chairs, sofas or private pods, so you can find a work space that suits you.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions

Emma
    2nd Year Human and Physical Geography

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.