Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are 8 GCSE's for example, 4b's and 4cs enough for law? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

So, I have always wanted to be a lawyer. But, I have 5 GCSE's. I got 4 c's in English language, Maths, Sociology English literature. I got a B in RE. However, I am retaking English language to get a B. As well as, Maths GCSE, Additional GCSE & Psychology GCSE. I got a D in Maths GCSE and Additional GCSE. However, I am hoping to get 4 b's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _aishahxo_)
    Hi there,

So, I have always wanted to be a lawyer. But, I have 5 GCSE's. I got 4 c's in English language, Maths, Sociology English literature. I got a B in RE. However, I am retaking English language to get a B. As well as, Maths GCSE, Additional GCSE & Psychology GCSE. I got a D in Maths GCSE and Additional GCSE. However, I am hoping to get 4 b's.
    I think thats enough as long as you have the required subjects for a levels.The subject you should take is english and history
    And other non compulsory subjects

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Depends on where you want to apply.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

To be honest, 4Bs and 4Cs at GCSE would probably be enough to get you into somewhere like UEA to read law if you had decent A level grades at AAB. If you did go to somewhere with a similar reputation to UEA you would be in a decent position to apply to firms. However, it's unlikely you would make it to top city firms.

ReputationRep:
    OP, are there any unis that you re thinking about specifically? Generally speaking, getting in to study Law in the UK, in itself, is not that challenging, considering the vast range of (non-RG) unis who are willing to tolerate lower GCSEs and A-Level grades. Getting into the top unis is the difficult bit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.