how to get a B in English Language WJEC board?

Watch
_aishahxo_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So, I got a C in English language, but I want a B to do A level literature. I am doing a different exam board. I am doing the WJEC board. Do you have any tips to do well? How hard is the WJEC board & is it hard to get a B in the English language WJEC board?
ellsy95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by _aishahxo_)
So, I got a C in English language, but I want a B to do A level literature. I am doing a different exam board. I am doing the WJEC board. Do you have any tips to do well? How hard is the WJEC board & is it hard to get a B in the English language WJEC board?
Sometimes looking at the mark schemes for past paper often helps!

( http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications...ish&level=gcse )

They usually give pointers on when to give marks and how to get the highest mark. I also found that doing past papers helped me revise too
...imrah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just pure practice for this especially Unit 1 language, practice all four questions loads of times to come to terms with the timing issues, how you answer the questions etc. use the examiner's report to help you (should be on the WJEC website)
For Unit 2 Writing look at the formats for letters, leaflets, reviews etc. and learn them well.
I got an A* in this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads