Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I have all my interviews coming up and I really don't know which portfolio folder to buy?!
    The majority of my work is already within my sketchbooks, (bar a few sculptural pieces which I have already photographed) and as I am already taking my sketchbooks with me, what do I put in my portfolio?! - Will I need a big portfolio, or something smaller?
    Any help would be really appreciated - thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Our college is forcing us to buy A1 sized folders.. but i'm having the exact dilema - I bought one because they've advised it but am a bit unsure what im going to put in it atm...

I think they're anticipating us using our A1 life drawings and also scanning some of our better sketchbook work and mounting it in...What interviews have you got?

(Original post by poppyjoneslittle)
    Hiya, I have all my interviews coming up and I really don't know which portfolio folder to buy?!
    The majority of my work is already within my sketchbooks, (bar a few sculptural pieces which I have already photographed) and as I am already taking my sketchbooks with me, what do I put in my portfolio?! - Will I need a big portfolio, or something smaller?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose2020)
    Our college is forcing us to buy A1 sized folders.. but i'm having the exact dilema - I bought one because they've advised it but am a bit unsure what im going to put in it atm...

I think they're anticipating us using our A1 life drawings and also scanning some of our better sketchbook work and mounting it in...What interviews have you got?
    Exactly yeah, A1 just seems so massive!
    Are you taking your sketchbook/s with you?
    And De Montfort, Loughborough, Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Lancaster has requested a digital thingy - I'm getting a lil worried now - where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    At my college I also had to buy an A1 black folder, and then buy high quality A1 paper to put my HD A3 pictures of my sculptures and prints in etc. My tutor must of thought we were made of money. It's not cheap but it does look good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalangel18)
    At my college I also had to buy an A1 black folder, and then buy high quality A1 paper to put my HD A3 pictures of my sculptures and prints in etc. My tutor must of thought we were made of money. It's not cheap but it does look good...
    Okay cool, thank you! Is there a particular brand you would recommend?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974132
    This might help you choose.

ReputationRep:
    Okay cool, thank you! Is there a particular brand you would recommend?
    I'm not sure what brand it was but they sold them in our college library, try amazon or hobbycraft rather than ebay

ReputationRep:
    The Works does them very cheaply in a large range of sizes, online and in their shops. Don't forget, it's only a vehicle to transport stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah A1 is pretty big... no idea what I'll do with mine.. I will bring some foundation sketchbooks - but I'm now thinking maybe instead of bringing all my AS and Alevel ones I will just scan some of the best bits..

woow you have interviews at all of them? so is that leeds college of art or normal leeds? Leeds college of art, Southampton Bournemouth, CSM and Newcastle - but I havent really had much feedback yet...

Exactly yeah, A1 just seems so massive!
    Are you taking your sketchbook/s with you?
    And De Montfort, Loughborough, Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Lancaster has requested a digital thingy - I'm getting a lil worried now - where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    The Works does them very cheaply in a large range of sizes, online and in their shops. Don't forget, it's only a vehicle to transport stuff.
    Thank you very much, that's reassuring!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah A1 is pretty big... no idea what I'll do with mine.. I will bring some foundation sketchbooks - but I'm now thinking maybe instead of bringing all my AS and Alevel ones I will just scan some of the best bits..

woow you have interviews at all of them? so is that leeds college of art or normal leeds? Leeds college of art, Southampton Bournemouth, CSM and Newcastle - but I havent really had much feedback yet...
    Oh cool, you've done a foundation?
    That sounds like a good idea!
    Just Leeds uni, but I did have a look around the college of art and it looked good! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon - it gets quite busy this time of year

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, that's reassuring!
    You're welcome. It's what's inside that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalangel18)
    I'm not sure what brand it was but they sold them in our college library, try amazon or hobbycraft rather than ebay
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm currently doing my foundation.. are you going straight from alevels? Oh glad to hear leeds college of art looked good - I haven't actually seen it! Yeah hope so..I did apply right at the deadline...

Oh cool, you've done a foundation?
    That sounds like a good idea!
    Just Leeds uni, but I did have a look around the college of art and it looked good! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon - it gets quite busy this time of year

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm currently doing my foundation.. are you going straight from alevels? Oh glad to hear leeds college of art looked good - I haven't actually seen it! Yeah hope so..I did apply right at the deadline...
    Yup! A little bit nervewracking, but I can't wait
    I haven't looked round a couple that I've applied for - the interviews will be useful! Aw yeah, it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I've heard back from CSM, they want a mini portfolio by the 1st of Feb! Not quite as scary as Chelsea though, 25th of January?!

I was thinking A2 portfolio probably as I already have a couple of 3D items to bring and can't deal with hefting any extra weight all the way up to the city with me! What sort of work do you guys do? Would love to swap some pictures of pieces with anyone as I'm having a hard time working out what to include!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprogog)
    I've heard back from CSM, they want a mini portfolio by the 1st of Feb! Not quite as scary as Chelsea though, 25th of January?!

I was thinking A2 portfolio probably as I already have a couple of 3D items to bring and can't deal with hefting any extra weight all the way up to the city with me! What sort of work do you guys do? Would love to swap some pictures of pieces with anyone as I'm having a hard time working out what to include!
    Best of luck!!
    My thoughts exactly, I've gone for an A2 portfolio in the end

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this - bit late.. But, I also did my CSM mini portfolio which was a bit terrifying - felt like such a small quantity of work! Have you heard back from them about your portfolio yet?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Please PLEASE make sure your contact details are listed inside in a way that is obvious and permanent. Sooo many portfolios left on buses or lost and without your details inside you're very unlikely to get it back.

Oh and the Range is another place worth looking if you have one locally: http://m.therange.co.uk/arts_and_cra...etFilters=true

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this - bit late.. But, I also did my CSM mini portfolio which was a bit terrifying - felt like such a small quantity of work! Have you heard back from them about your portfolio yet?
    I'm sure it looks great!
    Two done and dusted, two offers received - three more interviews to go, it's going to be a busy month! How are things going for you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.