Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i'm so close to throwing in the towel Watch

Announcements

Just as the title says.
    i've come so far in the past 2 years yet it gets harder and harder.
    Lemme tell you guys about me.
    i'm a guy, 21 years old and currently at university living away from home.
    i keep getting knocked down step after step in everything i do. I'm not doing well in my course, i'm feeling lonely all the time even when there's people around.
    I've forgotten why i started this whole thing in the first place (leaving home and studying).
    i'm pretty sure if i didn't have a strong will power i would've ended things a long time ago. But saying all this, even with a will power, there's only so much people can take and i think i've reached my limit now.
    is it fair if i describe my current situation as 'I don't know anymore'.

I'm posting on here because i don't really have anyone to talk to. Most of my closest friends/family members look up to me as a role model and i don't want to let them down.
    Could do with just talking to a stranger.
    I guess i could just ask for advice, to make this post useful.

ReputationRep:
    what are you studying?
    does your uni have a counselling service?

ReputationRep:
    While your family look up to you, I'm sure they only want you to be happy and they should be there to support you through this difficult time, I would definitely speak, to them about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I totally agree with the above comment. If you don't feel like you could talk about it with them, you could write it down.

ReputationRep:
    don't feel bad its only temporary, many of us feel like that at some point in our life.
    My advice would be to let your family and friends know what you are going through and maybe get some counselling?
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Go to your university counselling service to ask for help. I say this because the waiting time is likely to be less.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.