The Student Room Group

Starting my access course/ help please need gcse math/ English too

I have my interview Thurs for an access to higher education humanities and social science, i want to be a primary school teacher. Next yeat start university if all goes well! Im so deternined nothing will stop me! I have emailed my preferred university and they have advised I will also need GCSE maths and science ,i have english already. I have found a locak school who except private candidates and will put my name down for the summer 2016 exams. I have a few questions do you think 4months is enough study time to be up to stract? I am prepared to study loads and really commit/ of course i will have to give 100 percent to my course too as i will need distinctions/ merits, i also have a one year boy and plan to work 16 hours(2 days) a week too. Im really excited/ nervous / determined . Any advice/ info would be apreciated . Sorry to go on soo much lol. Cheers everyone
Original post by Lucyloo14
I have my interview Thurs for an access to higher education humanities and social science, i want to be a primary school teacher. Next yeat start university if all goes well! Im so deternined nothing will stop me! I have emailed my preferred university and they have advised I will also need GCSE maths and science ,i have english already. I have found a locak school who except private candidates and will put my name down for the summer 2016 exams. I have a few questions do you think 4months is enough study time to be up to stract? I am prepared to study loads and really commit/ of course i will have to give 100 percent to my course too as i will need distinctions/ merits, i also have a one year boy and plan to work 16 hours(2 days) a week too. Im really excited/ nervous / determined . Any advice/ info would be apreciated . Sorry to go on soo much lol. Cheers everyone

You say you're prepared to commit to it so yeah you should have enough time if you really focus on it.

Do you mean next year start as in entry to uni this September? :smile:
Reply 2
Yes I really am! I have been advised you can get great gcse revsion books / do past papers and general revision so i will give the exams my best shot and hopefuly come out with a C or above! I am thinking about going for gcse biology as ive heard thats the easiest!
My access course will finish jan 2017 so hopefuly start uni sept 2017.
Ahh i really hope it all works out for me im so excited! Im actually jumping the boat abit as i havent had confirnation on my access course place yet i have an interview tomorrow but the advisor I spoke to said i will be able to do the course and gcse seperate .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending