Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are we terrorists? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    are we living in a terrorist regime? well since tony acts on behalf of the people in england, and he chooses to go to an illegal was with iraq and ill inoccent people, are we therefore terrorist our selves since tony is acting on out behalf?

ReputationRep:
    terrorism isnt killing ppl. its intimidating and scaring people into acting their way. although Britain is strictly spkin doing this, the aim is for peace.

ReputationRep:
    no. we just live here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmitrij_savicki)
    are we living in a terrorist regime? well since tony acts on behalf of the people in england, and he chooses to go to an illegal was with iraq and ill inoccent people, are we therefore terrorist our selves since tony is acting on out behalf?
    No. You're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    "Mummy, why is that man saying those things?"

"Don't worry dear, lets just cross the street."

ReputationRep:
    You sound like an idiot. Most likely you've got involved in the SWP.

MB

ReputationRep:
    war wôr n. A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

ter·ror·ism (tr-rzm) n. The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

We are at war for peace. We're not intimidating anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Well if the dictionary says it, it must be true.

Anyway, isn't a war for peace a bit of an oxymoron?

ReputationRep:
    yes, yes i am

ReputationRep:
    war wôr n. A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

ter·ror·ism (tr-rzm) n. The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

we are intimidating all those people in iraq by coming to they country and trying to take control and run their country in the way we want with out their say. And why did we start the war on iraq? the only answer is oil, since the counrty was peacefull

ReputationRep:
    dude, although im against the war on iraq, i dont think we should judge ppl based on thier leader.... the whole world would be ass holes!!!

Most guys from britain ive met persoanlly or on here seem to be really cool ppl, nthn from terrorisim!

ReputationRep:
    Look because we live in the west and we call our war peace it can't be classified as terrorism, perhaps if Morocco did it then it would be terrorism and we'd just sit there and say poor lttl people and not give a damn.I know ,this is how things go...Iraq is only one of our many achievemets don't you think so?What about the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Look because we live in the west and we call our war peace it can't be classified as terrorism, perhaps if Morocco did it then it would be terrorism and we'd just sit there and say poor lttl people and not give a damn.I know ,this is how things go...Iraq is only one of our many achievemets don't you think so?What about the rest?
    i reckon its not terrorism when its an army, or a powerful country etc
    if you you think about it where does the word terrorism come from? from the word terror, when someone puts terror on someone else etc
    so you cant say it is just those people blowing themselves up that are terrorists, i reckon every army in the world also is a terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    we are intimidating all those people in iraq by coming to they country and trying to take control and run their country in the way we want with out their say. And why did we start the war on iraq? the only answer is oil, since the counrty was peacefull
    Altho your arguement has a certian amount of logic behind it, there are a few problems.
    Your arguement hold for the members of teh Abu Grahid jail and those how civilians who have experienced cluster bombs falling on their houses. However if you compare the damage being done to Iraq before the war by sadam then its clear that things have improved for the majority of Iraqis.
    However the US is not off the hook suggesting that removing a dictator because of his human rights record and the UN resolution against him.
    There are many leaders that the US has supported with far worse records such as Pinochett and is failing at the moment to act in the Israel/Palestian conflict where UN resolutions are being broken as well.
    I dont think that we are terrorists but some of the actions that have occured in the last 12 months have certainly been very dubious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Thats what i am saying people are just happy sit and say what bin laden is doing is terrorism and what the england and the USA are doing is all good because we tony and mr bush say it is.and cheaper oil also helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i reckon its not terrorism when its an army, or a powerful country etc
    if you you think about it where does the word terrorism come from? from the word terror, when someone puts terror on someone else etc
    so you cant say it is just those people blowing themselves up that are terrorists, i reckon every army in the world also is a terrorist.
    That's exactly what i believe because there are many innocent people suffering as a consequence of this war...and there have been many negative psychological impacts on the infants and youths...I was watching a documentary the other day about the mental state of the children and some are totally traumatised,left as orphans wandering around with wounds and wearing ASDA price Tshirts....so cheers to the war against terror....

ReputationRep:
    We are at war for peace.
    Oh I see... that's kind of like people ****ing for virginity, right?

Yeh of course we're by definition, terrorisits. Our only saving grace is that we outnumber those we choose to label true terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    That's exactly what i believe because there are many innocent people suffering as a consequence of this war...and there have been many negative psychological impacts on the infants and youths...I was watching a documentary the other day about the mental state of the children and some are totally traumatised,left as orphans wandering around with wounds and wearing ASDA price Tshirts....so cheers to the war against terror....
    heh yea!
    glad you agree with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do Chickens Fly)
    Oh I see... that's kind of like people ****ing for virginity, right?

Yeh of course we're by definition, terrorisits. Our only saving grace is that we outnumber those we choose to label true terrorists.
    well said, but it is not you who are terrorists but your leaders and army

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    well said, but it is not you who are terrorists but your leaders and army
    Assuming we are only refering to the "democratic west" its the public who chose their leaders.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.