Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

materialism is failing Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Yes there is, you just refuse to accept it.
    no there isn't but you cannot dare to question it because it is a dogma, you were brainwashed since childhood to believe in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saalih)
    no there isn't but you cannot dare to question it because it is a dogma, you were brainwashed since childhood to believe in it
    Yes there is and the evidence is available. The irony of you saying that when it's you who's been brainwashed into Islam and to believe evolution hasn't happened when it does.

ReputationRep:
    why don't you try to reply to the points raised in the video instead of running away with that silly line
    I already did answer, the irony that you have thus presented is rather painful to swallow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    I already did answer,
    how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Yes there is and the evidence is available. The irony of you saying that when it's you who's been brainwashed into Islam and to believe evolution hasn't happened when it does.
    the irony is bigger in your case because you accuse others of being dogmatic yet you hold dogmatic beliefs yourself

ReputationRep:
    the irony is bigger in your case because you accuse others of being dogmatic yet you hold dogmatic beliefs yourself
    No I don't, neither atheism nor science are ideologies with dogma and doctrines.

ReputationRep:
    how?
    My answer was the most simplified and proper I could give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    My answer was the most simplified and proper I could give.
    not convincing

ReputationRep:
    what 'dogmatic' beliefs are you talking about lol?

ReputationRep:
    not convincing
    The irony, irony is too much :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::hmmm::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

Science and Atheism are not 'beliefs'
    One can not 'believe' in science and atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods as there is no empirical evidence that supports the existence of one. I don't see how this is dogmatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    One can not 'believe' in science and atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods as there is no empirical evidence that supports the existence of one. I don't see how this is dogmatic.
    Do you lack a belief in fairies or do you not believe in fairies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Do you lack a belief in fairies or do you not believe in fairies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They simply don't exist.

ReputationRep:
    there is no empirical evidence that you had a great great grandfather also...

and yes atheism is a belief, a dogma to be precise because they use the word evidence as an excuse but when faced with evidence agains their beliefs they run away, like dawkins does here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZIv2zXWWc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    They simply don't exist.
    there is no logical argument in their favor, as for God, there are plenty, great minds throughout history believed in a God, your science is no the answer to everything.....

ReputationRep:

and yes atheism is a belief, a dogma to be precise because they use the word evidence as an excuse but when faced with evidence agains their beliefs they run away, like dawkins does here
    Atheism is most certainly not a belief, it is simply the lack of belief in deities. It has no dogma, doctrine or tenets.

ReputationRep:
    there is no logical argument in their favor, as for God, there are plenty, great minds throughout history believed in a God, your science is no the answer to everything.....
    And these great minds such as Einstein, Newton, Galileo, were all scientists. And each one of them was accepting of the fact they could not prove a God existed.

:lolwut:

What evidence is there that proves a deity exists?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

What evidence is there that proves a deity exists?
    depends on what you see as evidence......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    They simply don't exist.
    But do you lack a belief in fairies or do you not believe in fairies? It's a good question because he's asking you how you differ between 'lack' of belief and not believing in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.