The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

creative direction for fashion at lcf 2016

hello
has anybody applied for creative direction for fashion 2016/17 at lcf? perhaps someone has been invited for an interview yet?
i submitted my portfolio a month ago and still haven't heard anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you heard from them yet? I got an invitation today.
Original post by martisss
hello
has anybody applied for creative direction for fashion 2016/17 at lcf? perhaps someone has been invited for an interview yet?
i submitted my portfolio a month ago and still haven't heard anything
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by nn.f.rgn
Have you heard from them yet? I got an invitation today.

yes! i got an invitation today as well! can't contain my excitement lol.
when's yours?
Reply 3
The 22nd. I'm freaking out because i'm terrible at interviews !!!
Reply 4
The 22nd. I'm freaking out because i'm terrible at interviews !!!

mine's also on the 22nd. actually, i have never attended any kind of interview, so i have no idea of how it will go for me!
would you mind sharing your facebook? it would be nice to have your contacts just in case as i'm not from the uk
Reply 5
My facebook is hard to find. What's your FB name? If not you can email me at nn.f.rgn at gmail dot com.

mine's also on the 22nd. actually, i have never attended any kind of interview, so i have no idea of how it will go for me!
would you mind sharing your facebook? it would be nice to have your contacts just in case as i'm not from the uk
Reply 6
My facebook is hard to find. What's your FB name? If not you can email me at nn.f.rgn at gmail dot com.

my name's Martynas Stirneckas. the one with a picture. you should find me quite easily
I also applied too! but i haven't had an email about interview yet :frown: is it an individual interview ?
Reply 8
Original post by PaulineN26
I also applied too! but i haven't had an email about interview yet :frown: is it an individual interview ?

yes, i think it's individual as i was asked to come exactly at 14:10 lol
you should hear something soon!
Reply 9
For the interviews to Creative Direction for Fashion and Fashion Styling and Production, do you need to bring a physical portfolio?
I am Taiwanese student and I've already got the offer of this corse
Trying to find some friends here!:biggrin:
reported
hi those that had their interview today how did it go?what did they ask and how much work did you take?
hello, i'll be applying for the Fashion Styling and Production course next year and wondered if anyone could give me inspiration from their portfolio? hope its not to cheeky to ask of this
Reply 14
For the interviews to Creative Direction for Fashion and Fashion Styling and Production, do you need to bring a physical portfolio?

you can either bring your physical or digital portfolio. i brough both of them but they didn't look at my physical portfolio at all and were happy to see everything digitally
Reply 15
Original post by alouise00
hi those that had their interview today how did it go?what did they ask and how much work did you take?

hey. sorry to respond only now.
i think it went quite well actually. they seemed interested in my work but i couldn't really tell if they liked it because they didn't give any feedback on my portfolio. yet i think i demonstrated my knowledge of fashion and gave them rather clear contexts behind my work.
at first they simply asked why i chose to apply to this particular course and then they just asked me to show my portfolio and talk through my inspirations basically. their questions were related to what i said, so there weren't any tricky questions or anything.
i took a bit more work than in my mini portfolio but due to time pressures, they asked me to stop showing my work halfway through and asked whether there was something more that i really wanted to show them. so you don't have to bring a lot of work i guess because you won't be able to showcase it all.

how the interviews went for others? has anybody got an offer yet? i'm still waiting for news from them.
(edited 8 years ago)
hey. sorry to respond only now.
i think it went quite well actually. they seemed interested in my work but i couldn't really tell if they liked it because they didn't give any feedback on my portfolio. yet i think i demonstrated my knowledge of fashion and gave them rather clear contexts behind my work.
at first they simply asked why i chose to apply to this particular course and then they just asked me to show my portfolio and talk through my inspirations basically. their questions were related to what i said, so there weren't any tricky questions or anything.
i took a bit more work than in my mini portfolio but due to time pressures, they asked me to stop showing my work halfway through and asked whether there was something more that i really wanted to show them. so you don't have to bring a lot of work i guess because you won't be able to showcase it all.

how the interviews went for others? has anybody got an offer yet? i'm still waiting for news from them.

The interview was alright. A little bit of a good cop bad cop situation but I got an offer yesterday so I guess it went better than I thought. Has anyone else heard back?
Reply 17
The interview was alright. A little bit of a good cop bad cop situation but I got an offer yesterday so I guess it went better than I thought. Has anyone else heard back?

well done! congratulations.
i haven't heard from them yet:frown:
Reply 18
well, i thought my interview went well. apparently, it didn't as i've just been rejected. so disappointed in myself:frown:
good luck to all the offer holders!
Reply 19
Original post by sheepoooooo
I am Taiwanese student and I've already got the offer of this corse
Trying to find some friends here!:biggrin:

likewise! are you in living in an accommodation? :-)

Quick Reply