The Student Room Group

NCS- is it worth it?

Poll

should i do it?

Hi,
I'm 16 and have just been told about NCS by my school, i quite like the sound of it but is it really beneficial? Also it would overlap with the day I'll get my results and i don't really want to be away for that so maybe i could go in year 12? Please let me know what you think.... i want to do something during the summer, maybe get a job or a programme similar to this, any ideas?
Thanks.
NCS runs programmes over many different weeks during the summer, so you don't necessarily have to undertake one that overlaps with your results day.
Original post by CatusStarbright
NCS runs programmes over many different weeks during the summer, so you don't necessarily have to undertake one that overlaps with your results day.

thank you that makes more sense. are there any other activities like this?
Original post by SamanthaHawkins
thank you that makes more sense. are there any other activities like this?

I can't think of anything to be honest. Although if you're looking for things to do in general during the summer, you could consider doing some work experience or undertake a volunteering role.
Reply 4
Hi,
I'm 16 and have just been told about NCS by my school, i quite like the sound of it but is it really beneficial? Also it would overlap with the day I'll get my results and i don't really want to be away for that so maybe i could go in year 12? Please let me know what you think.... i want to do something during the summer, maybe get a job or a programme similar to this, any ideas?
Thanks.

i did NCS at first i wasn't going to but it was honestly the best time in my life! the first 2 days were a bit dull but the 3rd is where everything shoots up.

we snuck in pizzas past the leaders and had them in our tents and the late night walks and hide and seek at night. our project allowed us to roam around town and gave us enough freedom to organise everything ourselves.

it was simply amazing i wish i could go again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
Thanks.

There was moments I hated it and moments I loved it but overall I would say that I am glad that I did it because it gave me something to do over the summer and meant I had something to talk about when it came to volunteering and fundraising

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending