What should I resit to get from a C to an A*?

Watch
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I did the old Biology AQA spec back in 2010-2012 and I achieved as follows:

Unit 1: B
Unit 2: B
Unit 3X: D
Unit 4: A*
Unit 5: E (due to personal circumstances)
Unit 6X: U (also due to personal circumstances)

Should I retake both the practicals + Unit 5 if I want to get an A* overall or just the Unit 5+6?
Awais_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on the UMS mate,
BekahMay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AQA have a rule (at least in english) that if your first year ums plus your second ums equals an A (but not necessarily on their own individually) and you get 90% overall second year you get an A*
So with you b's and A* for the first year you have nothing to gain by redoing the first 3 units
All you need is the 90% for the second year units
Again i only know this is definitely how it works in aqa english language so check if it is for biology
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by BekahMay)
AQA have a rule (at least in english) that if your first year ums plus your second ums equals an A (but not necessarily on their own individually) and you get 90% overall second year you get an A*
So with you b's and A* for the first year you have nothing to gain by redoing the first 3 units
All you need is the 90% for the second year units
Again i only know this is definitely how it works in aqa english language so check if it is for biology
I got the A* in my second year but I think I know what you mean; thank you for your reply anyway; it's very good
Brownguymedic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you'd defo need retakes in the as modules, defo unit 3x and either unit 1 or 2. Personally i found unit 2 a charm so prob go with that. Unit 5 and 6x both need retaking as the A* includes geting a high score in the unit 6x,

therefore retake unit 3x, 1 or 2, 6x and 5
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by lisboonpop)
you'd defo need retakes in the as modules, defo unit 3x and either unit 1 or 2. Personally i found unit 2 a charm so prob go with that. Unit 5 and 6x both need retaking as the A* includes geting a high score in the unit 6x,

therefore retake unit 3x, 1 or 2, 6x and 5
Would I really need to retake unit 1 or 2? Unit 3X, 6X and 5 I understand.
Brownguymedic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You need any in As. If a high mark in 3x is enough then that's fine. Do your 3x and if you do really well then obv don't book unit 1/2 otherwise you would need to. You need the A in as to get an A* overall
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.04%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (89)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (41)
13.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed