Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, well I sent off my UCAS application just over a month ago, right before the Christmas holidays. I applied to do Psychology BSc at Bristol, Southampton, Sussex, UCL and Goldsmiths.

I check my Track everyday in the hope that I have an offer, but even after a month, I've only received one offer from Goldsmiths, ABB, which is an offer I'm happy about, but if I get any other offers, it would likely be the lowest I'd receive. I'd really like to get a higher offer, and plan to put Sussex as my firm offer if I get one, as that's where I'd really like to go!

I am starting to get anxious that my unis just won't reply to me by March, which will mean I've been rejected, as it has been a fair amount of time, and still nothing, apart from Goldsmiths! My AS results were AAAB, and I'm predicted AAA this year (my predicted grades and GCSE's meet the entry requirements for all the Psychology courses at the unis I applied to). I have been told I have a strong personal statement with lots of relevant stuff in there, showing I am interested and dedicated to the subject, as well as showing I am academically able enough for the course. But I still haven't had anything for a month - is this a bad sign? Has anyone else applied a while ago and still not received many offers? Also, info from anyone who applied for Psychology at any of the universities I applied to - I'd really like to know if you have any offers and any other relevant info! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    They have until May to decide, to March doesn't mean anything. I've been waiting 8 weeks for 2 of my choices. It doesn't mean you've been rejected unless you get the message telling you that you have been rejected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opalesecent)
    Hi, well I sent off my UCAS application just over a month ago, right before the Christmas holidays. I applied to do Psychology BSc at Bristol, Southampton, Sussex, UCL and Goldsmiths.

I check my Track everyday in the hope that I have an offer, but even after a month, I've only received one offer from Goldsmiths, ABB, which is an offer I'm happy about, but if I get any other offers, it would likely be the lowest I'd receive. I'd really like to get a higher offer, and plan to put Sussex as my firm offer if I get one, as that's where I'd really like to go!

I am starting to get anxious that my unis just won't reply to me by March, which will mean I've been rejected, as it has been a fair amount of time, and still nothing, apart from Goldsmiths! My AS results were AAAB, and I'm predicted AAA this year (my predicted grades and GCSE's meet the entry requirements for all the Psychology courses at the unis I applied to). I have been told I have a strong personal statement with lots of relevant stuff in there, showing I am interested and dedicated to the subject, as well as showing I am academically able enough for the course. But I still haven't had anything for a month - is this a bad sign? Has anyone else applied a while ago and still not received many offers? Also, info from anyone who applied for Psychology at any of the universities I applied to - I'd really like to know if you have any offers and any other relevant info! Thanks!
    As a budding psychologist would you consider your attitude to be rational or emotional? ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    As a budding psychologist would you consider your attitude to be rational or emotional? ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both, but rational because I know people who applied at the same places, for the same course at the same time as me - they have their offers!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opalesecent)
    Both, but rational because I know people who applied at the same places, for the same course at the same time as me - they have their offers!
    Some universities split applicants into groups and different admissions staff work through each group. Your friends could well have been split into a group based on their application number or surname or the time their application arrived or any number of random numbers. You might have been assigned to the member of staff who had 2 weeks holiday before Christmas and has a big backlog of work.

The AVERAGE time between applying and decisions is 7 weeks (and that's based on working days so the break over Christmas will add another week onto that). That means for every application which gets an offer within a day another application is waiting 3 months.

The only time to worry about getting a rejection is when it appears on Track. No news IS good news in UCAS terms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Some universities split applicants into groups and different admissions staff work through each group. Your friends could well have been split into a group based on their application number or surname or the time their application arrived or any number of random numbers. You might have been assigned to the member of staff who had 2 weeks holiday before Christmas and has a big backlog of work.

The AVERAGE time between applying and decisions is 7 weeks (and that's based on working days so the break over Christmas will add another week onto that). That means for every application which gets an offer within a day another application is waiting 3 months.

The only time to worry about getting a rejection is when it appears on Track. No news IS good news in UCAS terms.
    Okay, thank you for rationalising my situation! It's put my mind at rest for now, I guess it's just a waiting game. Thanks again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.