Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sacked today :o Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HEY GUYS,
    need some help and advice here, for the last few months i have being working full time in a temp role, the job self has being depressing and boring, however the pay is ok the hours are nice and easy and its about 15 min drive from my house. Today however i was taken into a meeting and told i would no longer be needed due to business needs bla bla.........., i wandered if was being sacked nicely so i asked the office manager who i sit next to as i dont think he likes me anyway he assured me that was not the case as i was the last one in ill be he first one out and thats how it works, so ill be leaving on friday, i have never being sacked or whatever before.... however i dont like working and i can't stand it, I'm looking at jobs now and they all look so depressing and the commute will make it even worse as ill have even less free time, i just dont know what to do .... i dont understand how people can just get on with it and enjoy going to work and being so bored all day long and then being so tiered to do anything in your free time.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    I think you're in the wrong job. You need to find a job you love and enjoy going to and that way you won't be exhausted by the end of it because you won't feel drained mentally. Your current role is temp so I don't think you can do much about being sacked. Good luck finding a job! Make sure its something you're interested in and build good relationships with your co-workers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarahN)
    I think you're in the wrong job. You need to find a job you love and enjoy going to and that way you won't be exhausted by the end of it because you won't feel drained mentally. Your current role is temp so I don't think you can do much about being sacked. Good luck finding a job! Make sure its something you're interested in and build good relationships with your co-workers.
    hey thanks for your reply, i really dont know what i enjoy besides the gym but if i did that id have to retrain, can't afford to do that, as i want to move out of my parents asap and leisure/gym jobs which offer training are so low paid its practically slave labour. i dont think i can win lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAN93)
    hey thanks for your reply, i really dont know what i enjoy besides the gym but if i did that id have to retrain, can't afford to do that, as i want to move out of my parents asap and leisure/gym jobs which offer training are so low paid its practically slave labour. i dont think i can win lol
    How about applying for a standard full time job for a while that you might not be interested in much but with the intention to save until you can afford to train as something like a personal trainer? What're your skills/qualifications if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarahN)
    How about applying for a standard full time job for a while that you might not be interested in much but with the intention to save until you can afford to train as something like a personal trainer? What're your skills/qualifications if you don't mind me asking.
    yeah maybe but i won't be able to actually take time off full time work once i move out of my parents with my mate to actually do it, then the period of getting a job in that industry its just all frustrating.
    and no i dont mind at all i have a bit of a mix.

i have a business management degree

health and social care level 3

loads of it stuff

business stuff

then a ton of standard gcses and level 2 all the usual maths and english etc.

i just can't ever see myself enjoying work, i have had to start smoking to deal with this job as it is so so so dull but it has some small perks maybe its a blessing I've being let go

ReputationRep:
    I think because you didn't like working is that's why you were sacked. Colleagues gossip all the times to look good and make others look bad. Perhaps u told ur colleague u don't enjoy work and he/she reported u. And ur manager sacked u in a way u don't feel bad or complain. The other theory is that u just simply made redundant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah maybe but i won't be able to actually take time off full time work once i move out of my parents with my mate to actually do it, then the period of getting a job in that industry its just all frustrating.
    and no i dont mind at all i have a bit of a mix.

i have a business management degree

health and social care level 3

loads of it stuff

business stuff

then a ton of standard gcses and level 2 all the usual maths and english etc.

i just can't ever see myself enjoying work, i have had to start smoking to deal with this job as it is so so so dull but it has some small perks maybe its a blessing I've being let go
    Firstly, smoking is never a good idea think about you health and the money you could be saving instead. Maybe it is a blessing.. all things happen for a reason You will enjoy work soon you just need to find the right job which I'm sure you will!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Today however i was taken into a meeting and told i would no longer be needed due to business needs bla bla..........,
    Just remember that for future applications, you weren't sacked (a non-technical term that suggests you may have been at fault), but you were made redundant (which means there was no longer a job for you to do).

An employee generally can't help being made redundant, so it carries far less baggage into future applications, being sacked carries a load of baggage!

ReputationRep:
    no offense, but you haven't "had" to start smoking. You wanted something like that because you couldn't handle the difficulties of being an adult. Part of being one, is accepting life isn't always going to go your way. Maybe instead of wasting money on killing yourself, save that money and get a crappy job in the mean time. Every little helps. Come on, man!

ReputationRep:
    HEY GUYS,
    need some help and advice here, for the last few months i have being working full time in a temp role, the job self has being depressing and boring, however the pay is ok the hours are nice and easy and its about 15 min drive from my house. Today however i was taken into a meeting and told i would no longer be needed due to business needs bla bla.........., i wandered if was being sacked nicely so i asked the office manager who i sit next to as i dont think he likes me anyway he assured me that was not the case as i was the last one in ill be he first one out and thats how it works, so ill be leaving on friday, i have never being sacked or whatever before.... however i dont like working and i can't stand it, I'm looking at jobs now and they all look so depressing and the commute will make it even worse as ill have even less free time, i just dont know what to do .... i dont understand how people can just get on with it and enjoy going to work and being so bored all day long and then being so tiered to do anything in your free time.
    It's a temp job so you were bound to get laid off when you were no longer needed so why are you surprised?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your replies guys i intend to give up smoking when my current pack is gone!! and yeah i know its a temp job but i was promised until march just a shock thats all and obviously i would not say i got sacked at a job interview

ReputationRep:
    How did u obtain ur level 3 NVQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flexchm)
    How did u obtain ur level 3 NVQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a 2 year college course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.