The Student Room Group

Milo Yiannopolous is lynch mobbed on question time.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Little Popcorns
get a job and not in comedy or in anything that requires human touch. You'd do well as a back doorman for Milo, you could help people enter through his back door.

What a brilliant pun you used, not homophobic at all. I actually have a job, but thanks for your concern.
"Shut him down! Take the camera off him!! Focus on me, let me tell you how he has called for assassinations, don't let him defend the claim!!!"

- debating a feminist, 2016
feminists are so dumb and whiney
Reply 63
Original post by Lord Kitchener
Very poorly moderated debate, no respect between the participants either it got far to emotionally invested for anything constructive to come about.

If you try to get in a reasonable debate the likes of Little Popcorns become personal and offensive. I would much rather engage in mature reasoned debate.
Original post by Lord Kitchener
Very poorly moderated debate, no respect between the participants either it got far to emotionally invested for anything constructive to come about.

Agreed.

I much prefer watching videos of Parliament's select committees interrogating Ministers than the charade that is PMQs, for instance; the former lends itself far better to reaching the crux of an issue, rather than political point-scoring with no real attempt to engage in a reasoned discussion.
God, that was infuriating to watch. Why were those screeching banshees not letting him talk? Smurfette poopooed the research he mentioned, and didn't have a counter-argument, and Stevie Wonder just refused to back up her slanderous accusation that he called for someone's assassination, and didn't address the fact she falsified her qualifications.
Original post by ForgottenApple
You did read the discussion topic right? The poll really had no place being discussed, it was a discussion on harassment of women online, would you care to explain how this poll is relevant here, beyond it being a poor attempt to discredit feminists?

He makes far more money than you or I will so try keeping your petty jealousies out of the forefront of your argument.

Everyone's daughter will become a woman one day (bar gender reassignment obv) therefore it's hardly something you can distinguish from a debate on harassing women online when you consider the definition of harassment
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=harassment&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=VaKfVp2pHce3O8bpmegJ
It won't merely be the effect on one individual who is sent an abusive message on social media but the counter effect, the women that see these vile words, their daughters, children. It'll go towards encouraging young boys to turn up at school and speak to their female peers in such a manner and potentially act upon things they hear discussed online. You're being reductionist.
Oh, I remember I was watching this on air before I went to church. Ill rewatch it later then edit here with my opinions.
Reply 68
Original post by BlackSweetness
How can you call it moronic?

Considering the majority said theyd prefer cancer, it seems like a worthy poll.
People are finally seeing feminism as the parasite it really is!

Yeah, a poll he conducted himself via his own twitter account, so mostly only his followers/supporters would have voted, how is that a worthy poll?

But my god have did they get some warped minded people on this show, and I'm talking about both sides here, whenever I've seen Kate Smurthwaite she's always extremely disrespectful and uneccessarily aggressive towards anyone who doesn't agree with her (she once called people who believed in God idiots), and this is the first time I've seen this guy in a video and I'm not surprised really given everything I've heard about him, the male Katie Hopkins, not someone to be taken seriously. A pretty pointless debate in the end really, it's like a real life internet debate, just people flinging insults at each other :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moezoeboe
Agreed.

I much prefer watching videos of Parliament's select committees interrogating Ministers than the charade that is PMQs, for instance; the former lends itself far better to reaching the crux of an issue, rather than political point-scoring with no real attempt to engage in a reasoned discussion.

True. I've also found that non-PMQ question time for departmental ministers in the morning (when the house tends not to be well attended) often yields superior debate and discussion. Home Office, FCO and MoD question time can be excellent
Everyone's daughter will become a woman one day (bar gender reassignment obv) therefore it's hardly something you can distinguish from a debate on harassing women online when you consider the definition of harassment
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=harassment&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=VaKfVp2pHce3O8bpmegJ
It won't merely be the effect on one individual who is sent an abusive message on social media but the counter effect, the women that see these vile words, their daughters, children. It'll go towards encouraging young boys to turn up at school and speak to their female peers in such a manner and potentially act upon things they hear discussed online. You're being reductionist.

How is teaching young girls, "Men hate women" any better? This will make young girls go to school and act on what they've seen online, disregarding their male counterparts as hateful ****s who aren't worthy of them knowing.

Oh wait, it won't because you're being ridiculous.

Okay so you're saying the women are harassed by the statement. (To be honest I read it as child, not daughter, my mistake.). I disagree, just because there are things on the internet you don't like doesn't mean they should be censored in my opinion.

What's more the women failed to give any freedom for him to speak in the video, which you can't possibly support after he waited for them to finish, even though he clearly disagreed with their views. So I'm sure we agree that the woman's arrogant attitude was not acceptable.

Well the only statistics mentioned in the video said males were harassed online more; however, without the statistics though, this is politics which I'm really not interested in discussing. The women stood by "Women are harassed more" without any justification beyond the two of them as examples of having been harassed, which should've been expected after their actions. Not that I can condone it but at leas the man quoted an actual source to try to justify his argument.
Stfu u fascists and let him respond to your comments. He speaks and herself and a mob continually talk over him time and time and time again. She speaks and demands the one person around her be quiet while she speaks and then goes on to say Milo should be locked up and shouldnt be allowed to air his views

This is exactly why Milo exists
Milo, whilst some of his views are a bit off (to put it mildly) is a breath of fresh air in the media, being one of the few prominent figures who refuse to toe the line.
Original post by ForgottenApple
How is teaching young girls, "Men hate women" any better? This will make young girls go to school and act on what they've seen online, disregarding their male counterparts as hateful ****s who aren't worthy of them knowing.

Oh wait, it won't because you're being ridiculous.

Okay so you're saying the women are harassed by the statement. (To be honest I read it as child, not daughter, my mistake.). I disagree, just because there are things on the internet you don't like doesn't mean they should be censored in my opinion.

What's more the women failed to give any freedom for him to speak in the video, which you can't possibly support after he waited for them to finish, even though he clearly disagreed with their views. So I'm sure we agree that the woman's arrogant attitude was not acceptable.

Well the only statistics mentioned in the video said males were harassed online more; however, without the statistics though, this is politics which I'm really not interested in discussing. The women stood by "Women are harassed more" without any justification beyond the two of them as examples of having been harassed, which should've been expected after their actions. Not that I can condone it but at leas the man quoted an actual source to try to justify his argument.
What you have described is not feminism. Feminism seeks to strive for equality for women. Anything else that is said online about feminism being about seeking to encourage young girls to hate men or anything like that is not feminism so you can't use that as an example to justify Milo and his obscenities. Feminism doesn't seek to make women have a better position in life by squashing men down to a pulp. That is not creating equality for women. However Milo is set on squashing women down at any cost and even his own dignity, he fires out insult after insult for his own personal gratification. He is not a hero to you he is encouraging you to be bitter and hate and it's pretty concerning that he's using his wealth and education to such damaging ends.

The programme is rubbish in general tbh Nicky Clarke isn't exactly good at heading the debate that's a separate matter what happened is seen every single week people shouting over each other is all too common place. Everyone got to speak and everyone was shouted down at different points in the discussion.

This shouldn't be about point scoring it should be about the effects on wider society which if increasingly more young people are seduced by this hateful behaviour the consequences are detrimental for us all.
Reply 74
I like how she couldn't even say the tweet about the alleged assassination even after being asked a dozen times. Professional liars. No concept of waiting for others to finish their point, just shouting over someone when you don't have a response does not make you win :rofl:.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
I'm uneasy with this. Mostly because this is a university site and your typical audience probably has a full buy-in.

There are as many feminisms as feminists and not all feminists are the same as not all of any -ist is the same.

The problem we face right now is an explosion of social Marxism. This is slightly different to traditional Marxism because Marx considered all struggles to be between the haves(The bourgeoisie) and the workers(The proletariat).

Social Marxism reframes all struggles as between the Oppressor and the Oppressed. This results in men vs women, Europeans vs(Insert group of choice ->here,<-), etc. Because of this, every group seeks to prove they are the Oppressed(Which you see in many Mens Rights activists as well as the most aggressive third-wave Feminists).

Social Marxism is a major issue because it allows no bridges. It tears people apart in to smaller and more carefully refined victims desperate to prove they are the Oppressed and thus ethical.

Do you guys have a group in which you invent terms with Marxism in it? take Marxism and add adjectives? Social, Cultural, etc?
That made me very angry . Wish i hadn't watched it :s-smilie:.
What you have described is not feminism. Feminism seeks to strive for equality for women. Anything else that is said online about feminism being about seeking to encourage young girls to hate men or anything like that is not feminism so you can't use that as an example to justify Milo and his obscenities. Feminism doesn't seek to make women have a better position in life by squashing men down to a pulp. That is not creating equality for women. However Milo is set on squashing women down at any cost and even his own dignity, he fires out insult after insult for his own personal gratification. He is not a hero to you he is encouraging you to be bitter and hate and it's pretty concerning that he's using his wealth and education to such damaging ends.

The programme is rubbish in general tbh Nicky Clarke isn't exactly good at heading the debate that's a separate matter what happened is seen every single week people shouting over each other is all too common place. Everyone got to speak and everyone was shouted down at different points in the discussion.

This shouldn't be about point scoring it should be about the effects on wider society which if increasingly more young people are seduced by this hateful behaviour the consequences are detrimental for us all.

I agree on all accounts. Some things he says are true though, regardless of the ridiculousness of his other comments.

The women in this were far less restrained when he spoke than when they did, I think perhaps Nick is simply not a strong enough character to man the show, or the people on it should be removed if they can't respect the rules.

Feminism is about equality, that means looking at male issues and bringing them up to. Anyone who forgets this ceases to be a feminist and becomes a radical.
Original post by ruby420
I like how she couldn't even say the tweet about the alleged assassination even after being asked a dozen times. Professional liars. No concept of waiting for others to finish their point, just shouting over someone when you don't have a response does not make you win :rofl:.

it's funny because she didn't even have the balls to admit that she didn't know.
Original post by Anderusen
Do you guys have a group in which you invent terms with Marxism in it? take Marxism and add adjectives? Social, Cultural, etc?

You guys? That's racist.

For all you know.

Quick Reply

Latest