Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to stay strong! Keeping distance from girl. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to get over a girl who only sees my as a friend, and Ive cut off texting completely, but that only lasted just over 24 hours, and I couldnt stop myself from having a quick look, and yes, I was messaged a number of times by her being asked where I am and if I'm okay, I shouldnt have checked, now i'm back to square one, and yes, I did reply, I was reeled back into the trap.

She's without knowing, ruining my life, I can't get her out of my head, I think about her before I sleep, when I wake up, when I eat, when I poop, when I work, when I gym, every second of every day, I don't even respect her that much anymore and released shes not the girl I want in an girlfriend, I tried to hate her, but I can't, I can't get her out my head and when I don't text her, i want to, but I try hard not to.

Can't tell if im lying to myself? Any tips to get over this girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennyboyben)
    I'm trying to get over a girl who only sees my as a friend, and Ive cut off texting completely, but that only lasted just over 24 hours, and I couldnt stop myself from having a quick look, and yes, I was messaged a number of times by her being asked where I am and if I'm okay, I shouldnt have checked, now i'm back to square one, and yes, I did reply, I was reeled back into the trap.

She's without knowing, ruining my life, I can't get her out of my head, I think about her before I sleep, when I wake up, when I eat, when I poop, when I work, when I gym, every second of every day, I don't even respect her that much anymore and released shes not the girl I want in an girlfriend, I tried to hate her, but I can't, I can't get her out my head and when I don't text her, i want to, but I try hard not to.

Well, how long you both knew each other?

ReputationRep:
    Just stop it. Just like that. It's that easy if you want it to be.

ReputationRep:
    block her then delete her number and your texts with her.

ReputationRep:
    Known her for just over a year, and have been texting each other all the time, she's the only person I text the most, got too attached.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me too and I did what you did. I lost a friend because of that. How you are behaving is not healthy and you'll only scare her off.

What you are trying to do is get validation that she will still talk to you, so you text her endlessly to achieve that.

If you let her approach you like normal then you won't feel so obliged to message her. Just let it go back to normal and just find other girls to talk to so you don't think about this girl all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Known her for just over a year, and have been texting each other all the time, she's the only person I text the most, got too attached.
    So what's really the problem between you both? I was goin' to reply at first with try bein' engage for 2 years and breakin' up but this seems to be way minor compared to my situation. Just give yourselves both a breather (Time Out) for a week and allow her to reply back and if she doesn't then drop her and look elsewhere, she will gradually fade away out of your system... that's what worked for me.

ReputationRep:

What trap, there is no trap. she wants to be friends like you are with your mates etc. It's your feelings that are preventing this but you can't help how you feel. She should understand that you have strong feelings for her and she should give you a break so that you can get over her. You could possibly be friends once this period is over. Have you told her that because you have feelings for her you would prefere no contact for a while? Make sure that she knows! Then keep yourself busy and focus on hobbies, work have fun with friends etc as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Block her... No contact, nadda, nil, not even a whisper.

Out of sight, out of mind!
    You be suprised how quickly you move on from someone when you dont have things reminding you of that person

ReputationRep:
    She's a co worker, so its going to be a bit hard, but do able. Don't want to lose her as a friend, just want to get over her, and the stress she has unintentially put on me is making me not want to talk to her that much anymore, even tho I like her, I want to try and get over her as soon as I can, it will take time, I do need a breather, should I really tell her that tho?

Out of sight, out of mind, does sound like a good idea and am willing to try that.

ReputationRep:
    Cutting her off sounds harsh.

You don't have to stop texting her completely, but if she tries to strike up a convo, end it quick with one word replies and short sentences. When she's interacting with you, kill all emotion, don't sound happy, sad or anything... Just be blank, almost let her decide that she doesn't want to hang around you much. Don't be mean or anything, just stay distant. Being her friend is impossible in this situation because you have feelings.

I started doing this to girls I thought I liked, turned out to be pretty easy. Attraction is always on a timer but that time varies between girls most definitely.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.