Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dermal piercing!!😔 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a dermal piercing on my finger I got around a year ago, all been fine never a problem!
    I knocked it last week not bad but not lightly either and it was fine all week but this morning it was fine then started to get itchy throughout the day when I looked it's swollen up and is really really red and looks a little blotchy rash it's still itching now and I Noticed it has slanted towards my nail a little as if it's rejecting a piercer said it's probably just irritated but I'm not sure if it's a little more than that I soaked it in sea salt for about 20 minutes, put a lot of savlon cream on it and sort of bandaged it up
    Has anyone got any advice on it at all??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcxc)
    I have a dermal piercing on my finger I got around a year ago, all been fine never a problem!
    I knocked it last week not bad but not lightly either and it was fine all week but this morning it was fine then started to get itchy throughout the day when I looked it's swollen up and is really really red and looks a little blotchy rash it's still itching now and I Noticed it has slanted towards my nail a little as if it's rejecting a piercer said it's probably just irritated but I'm not sure if it's a little more than that I soaked it in sea salt for about 20 minutes, put a lot of savlon cream on it and sort of bandaged it up
    Has anyone got any advice on it at all??
    Keep an eye on it but if it gets worse you might want to see a doctor. Is it oozing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.