The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
His Dark Materials, though I imagine a film is being made?
I think Tristan and Isolde would be quite fun.

MB
Reply 3
i would turn "two kinds" by amy tan into a film cos as you read it, it's like your already watching it
Reply 4
Ummm are musicals allowed? If so Chess :smile:
Reply 5
Lord Huntroyde
His Dark Materials, though I imagine a film is being made?

Yes, by the same production team that produced LOTR.
Reply 6
Zapsta
Yes, by the same production team that produced LOTR.

Cool, I really liked Dark Materials, exept the ending - which was pants. mabye they'll cut that out like they did with most of LOTR :mad: .

Otherwise I would like to see a Discworld movie even though I grew out of the books a while ago, The Colour of Magic would be good. Also Incompetence by Rob Grant, a hilarious book and definately film material.
Reply 7
I would turn " ALL THAT REMAINS" into a film, greatest Mistery ive ever read,,, The only actually!
Reply 8
lotr....i dont see why people go "It's such a great film" - because the trilogy, as film, is actually not brilliant. the lotr film trilogy is an almost flawless example of how to do a "Film Epic", but no epic on film is ever gonna be absolutely brilliant. It was boring in places, lets face it. And that's cos they didnt want to miss out lots of stuff in the book - which is understandable....but that's why lord of the rings works so well in a book - because through writing, tolkein could be incredibly creative and yet at the same time interesting. It fustrates me as to why nearly all film award bodies have given lotr "best film", it is not the best film - at least not all 3 are....GRRR it makes me mad
Reply 9
Fatherland by Robert Harris
Reply 10
KOH
I would turn " ALL THAT REMAINS" into a film, greatest Mistery ive ever read,,, The only actually!

The Patricia Cornwell book? Yeah, that was quite cool, but don't know how it would work on film. Most of her books are good, actually.

I would remake the HP films.
Reply 11
Saf!
if you could turn any book, novel, story etc, into a film......which one would it be????

Oh, that's hard.....But i'll go for something odd and really nice if anyone knows it.."Leili and majnoon" a really good peice of work and literature....an equivalent of "Romeo and Juliet" but written a 1000 years before...
Reply 12
Helenia
The Patricia Cornwell book? Yeah, that was quite cool, but don't know how it would work on film. Most of her books are good, actually.

I would remake the HP films.

I really liked the end, you know!

Twords the middle of the book i tired to but thoeries forward, but damn was that a perfect to such a mystery!!!!!!
Reply 13
well, if it was computer game then Final Fantasy VII, though thats KIND of already been done

for book....... Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

TROD.
Reply 14
GCE A level pure mathematics 5....... it would be thirlling, well better than some of the crap out at the moment anyway.
Reply 15
Lee86
GCE A level pure mathematics 5....... it would be thirlling, well better than some of the crap out at the moment anyway.

Yes, it would make a very pleasent horror film..... :biggrin:
Saf!
if you could turn any book, novel, story etc, into a film......which one would it be????

Erm, all my favourite books are too literary to turn into films, no one would understand one. I just finished a book by LM Lovric called Carnevale and the sets, I can picture as being spectacular venetian period sets. But the story line is too emotion dependent. Still it could work...

The glass palace by Amitav Ghosh, that would br brilliant :smile:
Saf!
i would turn "two kinds" by amy tan into a film cos as you read it, it's like your already watching it

That is already a film actually. Two Kinds is not just a short story, it's a chapter of a book called The Joy Luck Club, which has been turned into a film. It was shown on BBC four a while ago.

EDIT:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001MIQMG/ref=sr_aps_dvd_1_1/026-9790249-2228408

Here it is. It's a good film - very moving with some really great acting.
Reply 18
let me c, so many books but which 2 choose,
cate tiernan's wicca books,
the merlin conspricy,
+ any tamora piecer book,
2 say just a few.
Reply 19
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

Classic :cool:

EDIT: Just typed into google and they are making a film!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386117/

awesome, that just made my day :biggrin:

Latest