Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if it's been done, but I'd be interested to see how an Adrian Mole film would be made

ReputationRep:
    Could I turn an artwork into a movie? If So, "The Revenge of Sooty" By James' Bowl, would be my choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    His Dark Materials, though I imagine a film is being made?
    Ohh! I saw that at the National Theatre - very, very good!!!

HDM is due for film release in 2005:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/

ReputationRep:
    Probably something like the serpentwar saga (not sure, but i think there are 4 books in that), by Raymond E Feist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Don't know if it's been done, but I'd be interested to see how an Adrian Mole film would be made
    I think a TV adaptation has been done, and a stage musical, but not a real film. Didn't like the TV one much.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Ohh! I saw that at the National Theatre - very, very good!!!

HDM is due for film release in 2005:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/
    So did I - stalker!

I'd like to h2g2 made into a film finally

And the 2 dirk gently books (would be very interesting)

To F.Poste - did you see the Adrian Mole BBC series they did back in the 80s :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    So did I - stalker!

And the 2 dirk gently books (would be very interesting)

To F.Poste - did you see the Adrian Mole BBC series they did back in the 80s :cool:
    they did the later book as well (the cappicino years) probably late 90s. had helen baxendale as pandora

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Lysistrata

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/
    This looks promising, but Ford has turned American. And black. A bit odd, but I suppose it never said in the books about his accent or skin colour. Still...

Oh, and I think that The Saga Of Seven Suns by Kevin J Anderson should become a film, when he finishes the books that is. Just finnished reading Hidden Empire. It is fantstic. It opens with them dropping a neutron star into a gas giant to create a new sun, using an ainciant wormhole technology. The inhabitants are not too pleased. About 115 chapters, each focusing on one of the main characters. Each one is perfectly realised, with increadable detail on the relationships and actions. The story is epic. The book uses previously explored ideas, borowing from Star Wars, 2001 (the book), Farscape (the series), Final Fantasy (the sheer scale and imagination of all the games combined) and various other sources. But the ideas are combined to produce an amazing blend of mystery, action, and intense reading. The film would probably be 15 hours long, just for the first book, but worth it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.