Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Friends

I will be very great full if some body can give an idea what will be the reply from GMC if i apply for my registration based on my situation / if u can guide me what to do ?

To start with i finished my medicine in EU country and i was a non EU citizen while studying medicine and as i finished my degree i moved to UK.
    Due to my limitations with visa and registration and financial situation when i moved to UK, i started taking odd jobs and went into my own business .Now its almost 10 years since i graduated and i have British Citizenship .
    But in between i went back to India and got my full registration as doctor there and also from last 2 years i am working in Primary care as a HCA to get back into medicine.
    So where do i stand with regards to my registration when i say this to GMC??
    will they just reject me saying not eligible or will they give me any options ??

What else i can do to be eligible?

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkskumar12)
    Hello Friends

I will be very great full if some body can give an idea what will be the reply from GMC if i apply for my registration based on my situation / if u can guide me what to do ?

To start with i finished my medicine in EU country and i was a non EU citizen while studying medicine and as i finished my degree i moved to UK.
    Due to my limitations with visa and registration and financial situation when i moved to UK, i started taking odd jobs and went into my own business .Now its almost 10 years since i graduated and i have British Citizenship .
    But in between i went back to India and got my full registration as doctor there and also from last 2 years i am working in Primary care as a HCA to get back into medicine.
    So where do i stand with regards to my registration when i say this to GMC??
    will they just reject me saying not eligible or will they give me any options ??

What else i can do to be eligible?

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

Thank you
    I believe if you received an EU degree while not being an EU citizen you have to do the PLAB. However, given that you are now a UK citizen, this is such a rare situation you'll have to ask the GMC as I doubt anyone will be able to answer this question.

After you have achieved registration you might have to get on some kind of returners/training scheme before you will be allowed to practice independently.

On the whole you should be back to being a doctor in a little while, but there probably will be a few extra steps on the way. Why have you not started this sooner, i.e. why did you HCA for 2 years?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.