Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a girl who ISN'T pretty enough to model? Watch

Announcements

Would you date a girl who isn't up to model standards?

I'm slim but short and I can't imagine a man finding me desirable enough to not stray when he could have someone with model good looks and body etc. Beauty is security

ReputationRep:
    "Beauty is security"

Ohhhhhh lol. You have much to learn, young one. For it is not. Not even a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm slim but short and I can't imagine a man finding me desirable enough to not stray when he could have someone with model good looks and body etc. Beauty is security
    Many models are too tall for me. I don't get why the size requirement for modelling is above 5"9'.

ReputationRep:
    When you have an emotional attachment to someone then you wouldn't exactly ditch them for someone "better looking."

The type that would, you don't really want to date them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, who cares about models?...

ReputationRep:
    Troll?

You sound very naive.

'he could have someone with model good looks and body' - You may not keep a Brad Pitt look-a-like interested in you but there are plenty of guys out there on your 'level'.

Most couples are on a similar level in the looks department.

I'm sure you have attractive qualities. Build up your self-esteem.

There are plenty of pathetic guys out there. Don't put men on the pedestal. Adjust your mindset to 'many guys probably don't even deserve me' rather than 'no guy would be interested enough to stay with me'.

ReputationRep:

You could always get a knee job to make you taller.

ReputationRep:
    I thought girls like you were more prone to that R word.

ReputationRep:
    Being taller isn't going to affect anything. A guy is going to like you for you not your height and as far as I know most guys like short girls? Sooo xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Lol, is this even a question? A lot of models aren't even that attractive imo. I'd prefer someone like you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    When you have an emotional attachment to someone then you wouldn't exactly ditch them for someone "better looking."

The type that would, you don't really want to date them anyway.
    True. Those who place beauty over substance are oft lacking in depth themselves.

(Original post by Conkerr)
    Of course, who cares about models?...
    not me, too many them look like they are in dire need of a cheesburger.

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough I agree with OP.

:yawn:

You're looking at the wrong men.

ReputationRep:
    Well considering that most girls don't possess model level beauty, yes!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If I were into women, sure.

Though I do prefer the model type. The more androgynous and less curvy, the better .

While models are objectively beautiful by commercial standards, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so there will be plenty of people out there more attracted to girls who aren't models, plus attraction isn't skin deep, you fall in love with a person not a face or body. Also, when you see photos of models they're photoshopped and made to make these people look better, so it's not really fair to compare yourself.

ReputationRep:
    While models are objectively beautiful by commercial standards, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so there will be plenty of people out there more attracted to girls who aren't models, plus attraction isn't skin deep, you fall in love with a person not a face or body. Also, when you see photos of models they're photoshopped and made to make these people look better, so it's not really fair to compare yourself.
    Why did tsr post my reply as anonymous?

ReputationRep:
    yes of course looks shoudn't be a definitive decider

ReputationRep:
    Models are way too thin,and for most men they would prefer a woman who has abit more meat and curves

ReputationRep:
    If they like and love you for who you are, then appearances don't matter. In fact, you may not be attracted to someone until you fall for them and then you see them in a whole new light

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.