Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's with it with Match? Watch

Announcements

I'm a guy and all I seem to get on the Match dating site is women viewing my profile then moving on, no email, nothing, do they not get how it works or do they think it works like 'traveling' which they seem so fond off - visit profile,look, then move on. I just can't see how that site functions at all if that is what all what happens.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a guy and all I seem to get on the Match dating site is women viewing my profile then moving on, no email, nothing, do they not get how it works or do they think it works like 'traveling' which they seem so fond off - visit profile,look, then move on. I just can't see how that site functions at all if that is what all what happens.

How long have you been on there? What is your profile like? If people don't get interested straight away they're likely to move on. But I wouldn't take it personally. The point is to find someone with whom you may have a legitimate connection, not just everyone on the site.

Been on there a long time, a few years and its all women seem to do, I've heard the same from other guys as well. By 'legitimate connection' I can assume rich guy or Brad Pitt look a like.

ReputationRep:
    Online dating is difficult for men.

I was on POF for a few months. I had 50+ views on my profile, yet only four women reply to my messages. They all stopped replying, the most enthusiastic of them actually blocked me.

Women have a lot of options on dating sites. Don't take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Online dating is difficult for men.

I was on POF for a few months. I had 50+ views on my profile, yet only four women reply to my messages. They all stopped replying, the most enthusiastic of them actually blocked me.

Women have a lot of options on dating sites. Don't take it personally.
    lol ouch

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    the most enthusiastic of them actually blocked me.
    Why? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    lol ouch
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Why? :lolwut:
    Honestly, she probably just wasn't feeling it, and that's 100% okay. It would have been nice, however, for her to simply tell me just that rather than block me...though I can perhaps understand that was the easier option.

I've seen online dating profiles for women. 90% of messages they get are absolute crap, and I feel sorry they have to put up with such bs. That said, the 10% of decent messages they get, most will ignore that too. Then they have the nerve to moan they can't find a decent guy on those sites.

Decent guy by which they mean rich guy, I mean don't they recognize that they are highly unlikely to find stuff like that on these dating sites. I mean its not like I'm clinically obese like a lot of females seem to be that use these sites. I just find women that ignore or block just because they are no longer interested just so ignorant, I bet they wouldn't like it done to them. A polite things have changed final message would be far less rude.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.