Scarlet_Snow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The title says it all, really. But as this is the subject that I want to do in the future and, up until this point, I have done really well in it, my mock exam result has left me feeling particularly disheartened. I'm even considering dropping the subject altogether.
I need help with revision but I just don't know where to start ack.
Please help!!
mkap
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi i just want to say the mocks are no representation of what you will actually get. In my AS mock for psychology I got a D but in the actual exam I got an A from revising the day before. Same with A2, i got an A in the actual exam when I only knew 5/21 essays. This doesn't mean you shouldn't revise, don't be disheartened.

Are you in AS or A2?
Scarlet_Snow
Rep:
?
(Original post by mkap)
Hi i just want to say the mocks are no representation of what you will actually get. In my AS mock for psychology I got a D but in the actual exam I got an A from revising the day before. Same with A2, i got an A in the actual exam when I only knew 5/21 essays. This doesn't mean you shouldn't revise, don't be disheartened.

Are you in AS or A2?
I'm in AS so I'm still pretty new to all of this :argh:

But what you said comforts me greatly. ;u;
I'm just freaking out a lil' bit because I want to take psychology at university and, well, I was expecting a better grade to be honest; I revised pretty well. xD
mkap
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Scarlet_Snow)
I'm in AS so I'm still pretty new to all of this :argh:

But what you said comforts me greatly. ;u;
I'm just freaking out a lil' bit because I want to take psychology at university and, well, I was expecting a better grade to be honest; I revised pretty well. xD
I dont know if your Psychology spec has changed, the structure of the spec was meant to change this year. do you still have 12 markers?
Scarlet_Snow
Rep:
?
(Original post by mkap)
I dont know if your Psychology spec has changed, the structure of the spec was meant to change this year. do you still have 12 markers?
Well in the mock exam there were no 12 mark questions (which irritated me greatly as I'm pretty good at those), only 8 markers. Our class has been practising 12 markers as we were told that they would be in the mock, but they weren't... :confused:
So I'm really not sure of what will come up in the real exam tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (93)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (280)
15.11%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.69%
Lack of purpose or motivation (261)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.43%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.77%
Loneliness (160)
8.63%
Financial worries (66)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.75%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.5%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (162)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (173)
9.34%

Watched Threads