Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there many black people in Queens Belfast University? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Not even being racist; just dont want to stick out and feel like a minority, coming from London?

ReputationRep:
    Might be a good idea to look at their societies list and see if there are any Afro-Caribbean etc societies. Check out the facebook groups to see how popular they are etc.

A large number of the undergraduate students are QUB are 'local' students, from towns/villages across northern Ireland who will live in the 'Holylands' area and will go home every weekend. I don't actually go there, so maybe I am overestimating the % of NI students at QUB, though I am not overestimating when I say almost all of them go home for the weekends.

It is a pretty cool city, different to anywhere in England in terms of the people/culture etc. and if I was from England I think I would differently want to study at QUB.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie, compared to many universities in England it has a small community of Black students however it isn't really a discriminatory place for race with a rather large percentage of students coming from China there is a lot of acceptance of people at Queens, so I wouldn't let it out you off.

ReputationRep:
    Rarely any. I'm black myself and im moving to England for (partly) that reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.