Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I've just received my last offer today for biomedical science at Imperial, except now I can't decide between there and UCL. Are there any major differences between the two in terms of teaching, focus on research, etc? I would like to go into research in the future, so are there more opportunities for undergrad research in one or the other?

Also, I just realised that Imperial is phasing out their current course. Is this a regular thing or does it signify that the course is not up to standard? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at UCL doing biological sciences (first year) and we share a lot of modules with biomeds. UCL is an awesome place, I'm sure imperial is too but there's a lot of medical focus at UCL (since we have a hospital and everything) and when I was applying to uni, UCL had much much more choice and flexibility than imperial did for my course, and I think it's much the same across the life sciences at UCL. UCL also has amazing life sciences and medical research going on all the time. What's cool is you'll be in a lecture and the lecturer will have an opinion on something that they have made because they've been studying it in the lab, rather than from reading about it from this and that paper. I don't know much about imperial but UCL is awesome for life sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy13)
    I'm at UCL doing biological sciences (first year) and we share a lot of modules with biomeds. UCL is an awesome place, I'm sure imperial is too but there's a lot of medical focus at UCL (since we have a hospital and everything) and when I was applying to uni, UCL had much much more choice and flexibility than imperial did for my course, and I think it's much the same across the life sciences at UCL. UCL also has amazing life sciences and medical research going on all the time. What's cool is you'll be in a lecture and the lecturer will have an opinion on something that they have made because they've been studying it in the lab, rather than from reading about it from this and that paper. I don't know much about imperial but UCL is awesome for life sciences.
    That sounds great. Thanks for the input. I've kind of been leaning towards UCL so this is reassuring.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.