Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my cover letter ok for lidl/general assistant Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying for a job as a general assistant at lidl and they ask for an optional cover letterDoes it sound ok? what should I change?

19th January 2016
    To whom it may concern,

I would like to become a member of your team as a full time customer assistant, as posted in the Lidl website.As my CV shows, I have relevant experience in this sector as I volunteered in an Oxfam shop. One of my roles was as a cashier, managing long queues during busy times which you can easily find in one of your fast paced Lidl stores. Going the extra mile is key in providing an excellent customer service: I’ve accompanied customers around the store carrying their belongings, giving my opinion on interested items while having a polite conversation. Having this sort of experience makes me. I believe, a suitable candidate.I thank you for your time and consideration and hoping to discuss the opening with you in person.

Your sincerely,
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keratine)
    You've got most of the right sentiments in there, but the usual order is to say first why you want to do this sort of work, then why you want to work for this organisation (this is important, it makes it look like you have specifically thought about this job) then finally highlight your three strongest and most relevant skills.

Never write 'to whom it may concern', if you can't find a real name then put the name of the department eg Dear HR Team.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.