Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

10 year old spoke to by poilce after spelling terraced house terrorist house Watch

ReputationRep:
    Paranoia blooming away nicely.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Glad the teacher reported it. Teachers from July 2015 have a legal obligation to report signs of kids being radicalised or extreme. Sad for the kid but it's better safe than sorry...

ReputationRep:
    Bit silly really the teacher should have asked him a few questions herself and found out it was just a spelling mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    based on a reasonable belief
    If anyone truly believes that they should seriously consider seeking psychiatric help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RegencyTwink)
    Precisely what has "happened" to him? He was asked a few questions, the misunderstanding was cleared up.

The tendency for the Muslim community and their leftist fellow travellers to go into hysterics and shriek about victimhood in response to complete non-events is pathetically sad.

If they took the plague of terrorism and elevated levels of criminality that exist within their community half as seriously as they take any opportunity to pose as benighted victims of the evil Western conspiracy against Islam, we might actually see some progress
    Typical left-wing behaviour: "I am offended because someone, somewhere, somewhen may possibly be offended".
    It seems like "BLM" attitude now crawled inside Britain and so everyone who isn't white is victimised whereas white, 'privileged' people are usually to blame for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I. C Weiner)
    Bit silly really the teacher should have asked him a few questions herself and found out it was just a spelling mistake.
    Unfortunately, the working life of a teacher is now inextricably bound up with regulations, forms and protocols. It really isn't worth your career to skip official procedure because you think it's "a bit silly".

ReputationRep:
    Poor little kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Unfortunately, the working life of a teacher is now inextricably bound up with regulations, forms and protocols. It really isn't worth your career to skip official procedure because you think it's "a bit silly".
    Said regulations need looking at. Of course sometimes it's necessary to get the police involved but this time seemed a little OTT and a waste of police time and money.

ReputationRep:
    Isis are starting on them young and younge these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khadijah489)
    Poor little fella
    indeed- what kind of household is he coming from where he learns to spell terrorist before terraced

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, what is the world coming to these days?! it's frightening to know that this type of thing can happen to anyone

ReputationRep:
    Opps it seems here was a little more to this than originally reported

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6824481.html

The student had written 'I hate it when my uncle beats me' and 'I live in a terrorist house with my uncle'.

https://twitter.com/steveplrose/stat...118720/photo/1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Opps it seems here was a little more to this than originally reported

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6824481.html

The student had written 'I hate it when my uncle beats me' and 'I live in a terrorist house with my uncle'.

https://twitter.com/steveplrose/stat...118720/photo/1
    Imagine how much trouble the school would have been in if they hadn't investigated it further.

ReputationRep:
    Lol can't believe people are actually approving of police involvement here.
    Ah well, that's TSR for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Lol can't believe people are actually approving of police involvement here.
    Ah well, that's TSR for you.
    So when a child writes a report saying he hates it when his uncle beats him and he lives in a terrorist house the school is to do nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShakiraShakira1)
    Imagine how much trouble the school would have been in if they hadn't investigated it further.
    So much trouble

ReputationRep:
    So when a child writes a report saying he hates it when his uncle beats him and he lives in a terrorist house the school is to do nothing!
    Did you not see his father's response to that?

ReputationRep:
    Did you not see his father's response to that?
    No but how would we know the fathers response if it hadn't been investigated.

ReputationRep:
    No but how would we know the fathers response if it hadn't been investigated.
    And they really needed to get the police involved for that.

ReputationRep:
    And they really needed to get the police involved for that.
    If a child writes

'I hate being beaten by my uncle' and 'I live in a terrorist house' who should get involved?

IMO yes the police and social serves should defiantly be involved along with the school.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.