The Student Room Group

Why are fat girls more confident than skinny ones?

Most of the overweight girls I know are confident in their body and hit on guys more than the skinny ones. They also have great personalities and are positive and bubbly

Should there be "fatspiration" and "fat acceptance" for women of all sizes? (Love Your Curves for skinny girls)

Scroll to see replies

I agree that we shouldn't be encouraging people to be unhealthy but we should be encouraging people to love their bodies; to do whatever it takes to maintain a healthy lifestyle :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Most of the overweight girls I know are confident in their body and hit on guys more than the skinny ones. They also have great personalities and are positive and bubbly

Should there be "fatspiration" and "fat acceptance" for women of all sizes? (Love Your Curves for skinny girls)

Uhm skinny women are praised and loved 24/7 like she can wear anything and apparently pull of a "look" but if a woman who is fat dares to try it out herself she is subjected to a barrel of abuse like bless their hearts they have been disrespected and mistreated so much and most have realised that self acceptance and love is all they ever needed not wannabes and extremely rude people's irrelevant opinions so that's why they're positive and bubbly it stems from so much pain and they decided they would be their own dream girls, their own sun

There are a lot of slim girls who are quietly confident.

Speaking as an overweight girl myself, I'd say the "confidence" you see is false bravado. Trying to make themselves liked before they are judged based on their weight. It's actually more insecurity which makes them seem like they are extroverted.
Reply 4
Original post by stargirl63
There are a lot of slim girls who are quietly confident.

Speaking as an overweight girl myself, I'd say the "confidence" you see is false bravado. Trying to make themselves liked before they are judged based on their weight. It's actually more insecurity which makes them seem like they are extroverted.

My best friend is obese and not insecure at all, ok thats just one person but IMO it makes her hotter
OMG, This is so true
Reply 6
because large women are beautiful :yes:
cos skinny girls are probably fat girls that were shamed and lost weight but still have confidence issues
Reply 8
I don't think there is anything worse than being a fat woman right now (I mean how fat women are viewed by other people btw, it's not my opinion on fat women). Maybe being a fat Muslim woman is worse right now but generally speaking, fat women have it really bad.

So I'm totally taken aback by such threads. Skinny is what most girls want to be. If you're referring to unhealthy skinny then it is no better than being obese (but still, being obese is the worst thing that could happen to a woman).

So yeah, I don't think that fat girls have more confidence at all. It's just people are so surprised that a fat girl has self-esteem and doesn't hate herself intensely that they ignore 99% of fat girls who don't have any.

You've my sympathies fat women. I can't imagine the abuse you endure daily.
Original post by Anderusen
I don't think there is anything worse than being a fat woman right now (I mean how fat women are viewed by other people btw, it's not my opinion on fat women). Maybe being a fat Muslim woman is worse right now but generally speaking, fat women have it really bad.

So I'm totally taken aback by such threads. Skinny is what most girls want to be. If you're referring to unhealthy skinny then it is no better than being obese (but still, being obese is the worst thing that could happen to a woman).

So yeah, I don't think that fat girls have more confidence at all. It's just people are so surprised that a fat girl has self-esteem and doesn't hate herself intensely that they ignore 99% of fat girls who don't have any.

When you're fat and muslim... :cry:
Not my fault the gym is mixed :colonhash:
Reply 10

lmao...??? ok firstly racial and religious hatred beats this anyday because a fat woman can be racist to my black Muslim self so shut up pls this was just shocking to read
Confidence is silent.
Insecurity is loud.

I'm a fat girl and have high self esteem and confidence. I think it's because I faked the confidence and gradually it became real, also because now social media is embracing curves (although I don't agree with skinny shaming at all) I am more focused on my personality than looks also, but yeah I like the person I am and the body I have :smile: lots of "fat" girls are like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadly
lmao...??? ok firstly racial and religious hatred beats this anyday because a fat woman can be racist to my black Muslim self so shut up pls this was just shocking to read

Racial and religious hatred beat this? beats what?

Racism is widely considered to be deeply immoral. You don't see threads on TSR with titles like "WHY IS RACISM WRONG?!" (and if you did, they'd be deleted by mods in a few seconds) you see threads "WHY IS FAT SHAMING WRONG?" and you get a ton of people saying it's a positive thing to hurl abuses at fat people.

So yeah no. I don't think being a black girl that is fit is worse than being any kind of girl that is fat.

Kthx.

Edit: P.S. I did admit that right now being a Muslim in Europe might be understandably difficult. For sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nottoblameok
I'm a fat girl and have high self esteem and confidence. I think it's because I faked the confidence and gradually it became real, also because now social media is embracing curves (although I don't agree with skinny shaming at all) I am more focused on my personality than looks also, but yeah I like the person I am and the body I have :smile: lots of "fat" girls are like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

You miunderstood if you thought I'm talking about social media "fat". I am talking mainly about women who have health problems and are thus morbidly obese (clinically). It is them that they take the abuse. I am not talking about medically overweight girls (those are hardly, if at all, noticeable on the street).
My best friend is obese and not insecure at all, ok thats just one person but IMO it makes her hotter

Perhaps she is not insecure.

Perhaps she is insecure, but portrays a level of confidence that you would never guess.

Maybe it's because she has never been made to feel insecure - e.g. she hasn't been subject to ridicule or or been seen in her bathing suit.

There's a number of reasons why this could be the case.
Id say it's probably because of the amount of verbal abuse overweight girls have been given which has made them an overall stronger person who is less susceptible to degrading comments, and has actually grown from them.
Majority of responses are wrong, This behaviour is clearly caused by them fearing being alone so they have to take such action in order to not be alone as they don't have looks going for them generally. Whereas skinny girls often don't have to do much to get the attention they want as they are seen as attractive so don't need to 'peacock'.
They have to try harder.
I'm a skinny girl and hate my body. I wish I had curves or was a little chubby. I can't put on weight. I'm not anorexic skinny but I still think my body is gross. Curvy girls are the luckiest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending