The Student Room Group

British schoolgirls who fled to join Isis in Raqqa are feared dead

Three British schoolgirls who left their homes in London to join Isis in war-ravaged Syria are feared to have been killed after their families lost all contact with them.

Shamima Begum, 16, Kadiza Sultana, 17, and Amira Abase, 16, all of whom attended Bethnal Green Academy in East London, ran away from home in February last year, purportedly after being radicalised by Isis propaganda distributed online.

They travelled to Isis’ “hellishly dangerous” Syrian stronghold of Raqqa and are understood to have maintained contact with their family while living under the terror group’s control.

But a lawyer who represents the families of Shamima and Kadiza has revealed that all contact with the girls was lost in mid-December around the time British, American and Russian warplanes stepped up their bombardment of Raqqa.

They are in Raqqa, or were there certainly up until a few weeks ago,
Tasnime Akunjee told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. He added that as the city is “hellishly dangerous”.

Contact has been lost with them for some weeks now, so to be honest we have no idea what their status is at the moment,
he added.

Speaking of the girls’ families Mr Akunjee said he could not find the language to describe what they are going through, adding:
Bombs are being dropped in the close proximity of their children.

When you have that warzone strategy in front of you, what can parents halfway across the world do to communicate with their children?
he went on to say.

Warplanes have laid siege to Raqqa since the families last heard from the girls shortly before Christmas. The air raids have taken out numerous buildings operated by jihadis and their supporters.

Last July the Guardian reported that at least two of the girls had married Isis fighters, although at the request of their families the newspaper refused to disclose which of the girls had wed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/british-schoolgirls-who-fled-bethnal-green-to-join-isis-in-raqqa-are-feared-dead-after-families-lose-a6821561.html
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They deserved it.
No sympathy. They lay their bed. Now they should lie in it.
They entered a war zone by deciding to leave their families and homes in the UK to relocate to the HQ of the Islamic State...

Personally, I blame their parents.
Smh
I don't think they deserved it, but they were certainly a lot more likely to end that way by fleeing there. If they are still alive I'm sure they bitterly, bitterly regret leaving the UK.
Reply 7
Called it. What did they think they were gonna get when they ran to those savages? They don't deserve it though, no one does, but this it's a BIG, fatal mistake they've made by going there. And I don't think there's much of a chance you can get out once you're in there...
They've probably been enslaved as toys for the ISIS twits to play with if they get bored.

Have they done any ... missions? That could have ended badly?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
... feared dead?
who fears?
Oh noes.
Total idiots.
Original post by z33
Called it. What did they think they were gonna get when they ran to those savages? They don't deserve it though, no one does, but this it's a BIG, fatal mistake they've made by going there. And I don't think there's much of a chance you can get out once you're in there...
They've probably been enslaved as toys for the ISIS twits to play with if they get bored.

Well apparently 2 of them have been married off in Syria.
Original post by z33

I don't think they sent them on missions lol..

Although wonder what would happen if they met Linda on their adventure :erm:
Original post by TeeEm
... feared dead?
who fears?

Possibly Friends and Family.
Reply 14
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
Possibly Friends and Family.

I am sorry to hear that ...
Reply 16
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Well apparently 2 of them have been married off in Syria.

I can tell you now it's probably not a happy marriage 0_0
I don't know WHAT they thought would be waiting for them on the other side... I feel bad for them but what were you THInKING?!?!
Sighhh... we gotta protect the kids so it doesn't happen again. Very unfortunate...

Original post by Student403
I don't think they sent them on missions lol..

Although wonder what would happen if they met Linda on their adventure :erm:

Well I don't know what they bloody do there! Idk who Linda is but if she's related to Chuck Norris she better give them a good spankin and send them back x'D
Original post by z33
I can tell you now it's probably not a happy marriage 0_0
I don't know WHAT they thought would be waiting for them on the other side... I feel bad for them but what were you THInKING?!?!
Sighhh... we gotta protect the kids so it doesn't happen again. Very unfortunate...

Well I don't know what they bloody do there! Idk who Linda is but if she's related to Chuck Norris she better give them a good spankin and send them back x'D

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/linda-glocke-will-destroy-isis/
Reply 19
"Feared" dead?

I HOPE they are dead.

Quick Reply