Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I dare you guys to... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Read about Jeffrey Dahmer. Or go to http://www.biography.com/people/jeffrey-dahmer-9264755. THIS IS REALLY GIVING ME NIGHTMARES.

Ahhhh, I can't breath

ReputationRep:
    This is triggering he's a sex offender and murder this is a warning for those who will be triggered by this

I have noticed when watching the news it is mostly always down to deep childhood trauma that is the foundation of their behaviour.

More should be done in helping children through times like divorce (what Dahmer experienced) as sometimes how they feel can be overlooked.

But I still at what point did it make people like Dahmer to behave in such a way?! :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    no thank you

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I read all of that. I feel sick.

Everyone always warns me of who I meet on Grindr and with many stories like these popping up recently that may not be such an unreasonable advice...

ReputationRep:
    I read the whole wiki article on Jeffrey Dahmer and now I feel quite nauseous.

ReputationRep:
    This stuff doesn't phase me. Psychopaths and serial killers often have issues from abuse, neglect and humiliation. The chemical imbalance that occurs in the brain due to the changes makes them crazy but some suffer no abuse yet still lack empathy.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I am the only one here so far that doesn't feel much. Well done me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I dare you to....
    Convince z33 that psychology is a science
    :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's hard af so bonne chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I dare you to....
    Convince z33 that psychology is a science
    :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's hard af so bonne chance
    Just Bring It babeh

ReputationRep:
    I found this more interesting than upsetting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    I have noticed when watching the news it is mostly always down to deep childhood trauma that is the foundation of their behaviour.

More should be done in helping children through times like divorce (what Dahmer experienced) as sometimes how they feel can be overlooked.

But I still at what point did it make people like Dahmer to behave in such a way?! :holmes:
    I cant be bothered reading the article so I trust you to answer correctly

Did this person have a dramatic childhood?

(Original post by rap11)
    I cant be bothered reading the article so I trust you to answer correctly

Did this person have a dramatic childhood?
    I would say so,yes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I've read about Dahmer maybe a couple of years ago. One of his victims managed to escape from his apartment only to be caught by the police and returned back to him! ...Still haunts me to this day.

(Original post by aamirac)
    I have noticed when watching the news it is mostly always down to deep childhood trauma that is the foundation of their behaviour.More should be done in helping children through times like divorce (what Dahmer experienced) as sometimes how they feel can be overlooked.But I still at what point did it make people like Dahmer to behave in such a way?! :holmes:
    I would argue if his parents' divorce didn't happen, he would find another way to get hold of drugs, act of his sexual instincts, and even go on taking the lives out of the people he knew.

I think he is one of those guys with that set of genes. One way or another he was destined to do what he did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    Read about Jeffrey Dahmer. Or go to http://www.biography.com/people/jeffrey-dahmer-9264755. THIS IS REALLY GIVING ME NIGHTMARES.
    Dahmer is nothing.

if you want to see true brutality, read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_h...xperimentation

ReputationRep:
    People feel nauseous and disturbed just reading about this sort of thing? Lmao what

(Original post by sadly)
    This is triggering
    Nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    People feel nauseous and disturbed just reading about this sort of thing? Lmao what

Nobody cares.
    Yes they do, for you to say nobody cares like you're representative of the human race is so sad! also who asked for your irrelevant opinions and for yourself to start quoting me like I actually care about your input? how pathetic but you keep doing what you're best at I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Quote by Jeffrey Dahmer “The killing was a means to an end. That was the least satisfactory part. I didn’t enjoy doing that. That’s why I tried to create living zombies with uric acid in the drill [to the head], but it never worked. No, the killing was not the objective. I just wanted to have the person under my complete control, not having to consider their wishes, being able to keep them there as long as I wanted.”

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.