Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Is anyone going to be having a gap year from 2016-2017? If so...

1. What is/ are your main reason(s) for taking a gap year?

2. Have you already applied and deferred your entry until 2017 or are you going to apply while on your gap year?

3. What have you applied for/ are you going to apply for at uni? (If you know!)

4. What are your main plans for your gap year?

5. Are any of your friends taking a gap year too?

My answers:

1. I don't feel ready to leave home and go to university yet and I would prefer to work and gain some experience in order to have a better uni experience when I do go

2. Deferred entry

3. French and Linguistics

4. Working in the family business (the job I already do), another job (e.g. waitressing), work experience lined up at an accountant's, volunteering in language lessons at my old primary school, continuing with my volunteering for an elderly woman that I already do

5. Yes, around 5 of them, some deferring and some applying during gap year

ReputationRep:
    1. What is/ are your main reason(s) for taking a gap year?I want to learn Spanish and take some time to really be sure that uni is the path I want to go down!

2. Have you already applied and deferred your entry until 2017 or are you going to apply while on your gap year?Already applied and have a place at Middlesex uni but have deferred it

3. What have you applied for/ are you going to apply for at uni? (If you know!)Accounting and Finance (!)

4. What are your main plans for your gap year?To live abroad for a little while and learn spanish. See parts of the world before I am in uni for the next 3/4 years studying and living near London. I'm stuck in two minds as to whether I want to go to uni or work and set up an online business possibly.

5. Are any of your friends taking a gap year too?3 of my friends have taken gap years to travel asia and they loved it. Although one of them came back and decided not to go to uni in the end.
    I'm using a company called rum chinola (rumchinola.com if you're interested) to organise my trip to the Dominican republic as i'm quite scared about going it alone - so safety wise i'm a bit worried! It was also not that expensive either.

good luck with whatever you decide to do! I'm worried I won't end up coming back LOL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.