Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would a 14 year old with 3 14 year old friends be able to see a 15 film at VUE cinema Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, me and my 3 mates rlly want to go and see The 5th Wave In cinemas. We are all 14 and all look and sound much older than we are. Would we get id'd? And if they asked us how old we where could we lie and get in?

All answers are much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    What kind of ID can you have at 15? I didn't have any

Na if they asked just say you're 15 and you'll probably be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    What kind of ID can you have at 15? I didn't have any

Na if they asked just say you're 15 and you'll probably be fine
    Passport is expected as ID. However, from my experience I got into 15's when I was 13/14 because I looked older. You can't be certain, just try and get in and if you can't go and see something else or try another cinema?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they'll even check.

If you can buy the tickets at a machine instead of from a person, I seriously doubt anyone will ask you for ID for a film rated 15 at the door or wherever they check the tickets themselves.

Used to go to 15s all the time when I was 12-14, never had a problem. If the person refuses to serve you try asking an older person (brother/sister) of someone in your group to come along. If they buy the tickets and walk at the head of the group when you go in, you would 100% be fine for sure.

Don't even get the 15 rating, what a bogus system to still have in 2016 ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajsski99)
    Hey, me and my 3 mates rlly want to go and see The 5th Wave In cinemas. We are all 14 and all look and sound much older than we are. Would we get id'd? And if they asked us how old we where could we lie and get in?

All answers are much appreciated
    You could just all buy tickets for a lower rated film, then after getting past the ticket usher go into the higher rated films screen. That's What I did when I was younger never got caught either.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time if they feel you look the appropriate age then they will let you into the movie.. And if they don't think you look they appropriate age, they really don't care and just let you in anyway without asking for ID.. All this is from previous experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hate to burst your bubble, but a group of three 14 year olds is more likely to be ID'd than one or two on their own. You're either more likely to come off as deliberately trying to act older being in a group, or else if you do find a box office person who may be willing to let you in on your own (which they would get in trouble for, btw, and could risk their job if they do), they may be more reluctant letting a group in as you'd be more obvious to management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiffin_bits)
    Hate to burst your bubble, but a group of three 14 year olds is more likely to be ID'd than one or two on their own. You're either more likely to come off as deliberately trying to act older being in a group, or else if you do find a box office person who may be willing to let you in on your own (which they would get in trouble for, btw, and could risk their job if they do), they may be more reluctant letting a group in as you'd be more obvious to management.
    One of my friends who's 14 is 6"4 so if he led the group would we get in?

ReputationRep:
    No one gives a **** especially about 15s. Just send your biggest mate up to buy the tickets and then walk in. Job done.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as an ex cinema employee, if you turn up, look around the right age and don't draw uneccesary attention to yourselves, you shouldn't have trouble buying tickets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.