The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Hi,
Just thought I'd start a thread for 2016 applications, I'm applying for internal audit. I wanted to know if this is the first year its being offered under finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone who's applied received a reply yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi, I am looking too apply for the apprenticeship ASAP. Are there any restrictions for example can you apply if you have a degree? I know a lot of apprenticeships don't let you apply if you do.

Thanks
Reply 3
I know some other employers such as PWC let you apply for the school leaver programme if you have a 2:2, I'm not sure about BT though, you're probably better off emailing them to ask.
Reply 4
Ok thanks a lot. What have you applied for if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I've applied for finance, I'd like to get into internal audit.
How about yourself?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Looking at IT. Seems a bit broad though? When do you find out what is available etc? I'm abit confused at the minute how it all works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think you just apply now for whatever area you want, then they'll send you psychometric tests if you pass the screening.
Applications for all the areas are open.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Have you already done the tests? How were they? Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
No I haven't done the tests yet, my applications still being reviewed
Reply 10
BT take on people even if they have a degree, in regards to the job role they'll take into account your application but if there are vacancies in your area and you meet the requirements they can put you forward for something else, what job specifically will be stated on the invite to the assessment centre if you pass all of their screening etc..
Reply 11
Are you a current apprentice? And if so which area do you work in? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I am very interested in starting an engineering apprenticeship. I am currently working at an electronics contract manufacturing company where I have been for the last 11 years. Unfortunatley the company has fallen into hard times and there have been several lots of redundancies. I feel its time for a career change and this looks perfect. My only resevervation is my age as I am 34. Do they accept mature apprentices? Do people my age apply and are they sucessful? Would be great to hear from any "mature" apprentices / applicants to put my mind at ease. Thanks
Reply 13
I don't think there is any age limit, I'm 25 and was wondering the same thing. From what I have ready and looked through there doesn't seem to be anything about it. Where as most apprenticeships state an age limit. Saying this though agreed it would be good to hear from others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I know it's impatient but BT seem to take a while to respond to applications. Other companies are much quicker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Does anybody know an email address for BT careers? I received an email today saying I needed to complete an online test but didn't realise I had applied. My application was half complete with the wrong cv uploaded etc. So wanted to change all this before applying and now I can't edit the application online. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys, applied for the BT apprenticeship - Information technologyon the 18/01. Was invited to sit a SJT on 02/02 then had my results emailed to me on the same day saying that i had passed. Then the email says

"Notethat we manage a high volume of applications because our programmes are socompetitive and we review each application individually and with a great dealof consideration we know it takes a lot of time and effort to apply and wewant to ensure we’ve considered all applications fully.
This means there could be a wait until we’re in touch again. We know it’s notnice to be kept waiting without understanding why so we wanted to explain thereason there may be a delay. You can log on to your application at any time toview your application status". Anyone else at the same point or heard anything more??
Reply 17
Yh I got the same email as well, it's just a waiting game now.
Reply 18
I also have had the same response as charliemurray3 and jampot98, does anybody have any idea when we would usually get a response and what would happen next?
Received this email today...

DearCharlie,

We’repleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening, and we’veidentified a role that we think is a good match. We’re progressing yourapplication for the BT Apprenticeship Programme to the next stage, whichis to be considered with other candidates in your area for an AssessmentCentre.
We invite candidates to our assessment centres based on how well they scored inthe Situational Strengths Test and how much of a match they are for the roleswe have to offer in terms of business requirements.

Assuming this means i will be invited to an assessment day once dates are put out.... Anyone any idea when they usually take place?

Quick Reply

Latest