The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

surprisingly they don't have any age restrictions, when i went for the assessment day i met people in their 30's applying!!
Original post by emanny
I applied for the BT apprenticeship programme almost two months ago now and i was told i would be contacted when a date for an assessment centre has been set but i haven't received anything. Is this the same for anyone else? I'm from Manchester.

same here, i'm from cheshire
I'm 33 and have applied for the Customer Service and Contact Centre Management apprenticeship and have been told I'm through to the assessment centre stage. Applied on 17/04, was called on 22/04. Was called by a Budapest number and told it was on the 1st May and that I'd receive an email with details. The call was 4pm Friday and no email received yet. My concern is that 1st May is a Sunday? I'm going to assume this was a mistake for now and wait to hear.
Applied for the engineer apprenticeship last night and was emailed within 10 minutes saying I was to sit the Situational Strengths Test. I was then emailed last night again saying I had passed the SST test and my application is now on hold until they review my application further.

What's the next step, provided they think my application is good enough? Assessment centre?
Original post by Suedehead1
Applied for the engineer apprenticeship last night and was emailed within 10 minutes saying I was to sit the Situational Strengths Test. I was then emailed last night again saying I had passed the SST test and my application is now on hold until they review my application further.

What's the next step, provided they think my application is good enough? Assessment centre?

Yes that would be the next step. However, they will email you to let you know if they have found a role in your area first.
I have been told by email that I passed the SST tests. And that they are reviewing my application now.

I'm guessing they are looking at what assessment centres are available for me to attend. Seeing as I said I'm willing to relocate to any location in my application, does that mean I will be put forward to attend any assessment centre? As long as it's in Britain and I can get there by train then I don't mind!
Original post by swfc-dan
I have been told by email that I passed the SST tests. And that they are reviewing my application now.

I'm guessing they are looking at what assessment centres are available for me to attend. Seeing as I said I'm willing to relocate to any location in my application, does that mean I will be put forward to attend any assessment centre? As long as it's in Britain and I can get there by train then I don't mind!

Seems you are at the same stage as me then. What role are you applying for? I'm in Scotland.
Original post by Anon1896
surprisingly they don't have any age restrictions, when i went for the assessment day i met people in their 30's applying!!

Read my forum reply within the earlier pages if you need any info or clarification on this.
Original post by Ramiriquez
I'm 33 and have applied for the Customer Service and Contact Centre Management apprenticeship and have been told I'm through to the assessment centre stage. Applied on 17/04, was called on 22/04. Was called by a Budapest number and told it was on the 1st May and that I'd receive an email with details. The call was 4pm Friday and no email received yet. My concern is that 1st May is a Sunday? I'm going to assume this was a mistake for now and wait to hear.

The Budapest number got me aswel mate haha. I hung up before realizing it was BT HR... doh. I would wait for the email to come through and it will confirm the date incase it was verbally incorrect.
Original post by DanBrandon89
Give me a shout when you get a reply mate!

You heard anything yet mate?
Original post by Ashly1990
You heard anything yet mate?

No mate not yet... I am getting abit anxious now! You?
No mate not yet... I am getting abit anxious now! You?

Same mate, nope at the assessment centre they said up to 15 days so that's tomorrow for me
Same mate, nope at the assessment centre they said up to 15 days so that's tomorrow for me

Well fingers crossed for you mate. I am still 50 / 50 unfortunatly I am trying to prepare myself either way!
Well fingers crossed for you mate. I am still 50 / 50 unfortunatly I am trying to prepare myself either way!

And you mate. When was your assessment centre? Yeah I'm saying to myself I haven't got it so I'm not disappointed if I don't :smile:
And you mate. When was your assessment centre? Yeah I'm saying to myself I haven't got it so I'm not disappointed if I don't :smile:

My Assessment Centre was on the 15th April. Good attitude to have. You probably did better than me at the practical side.
Called the HR number and within an hour got an email advising assessment centre is on 4th May in Leeds, 9-12. Hope the rest of you guys hear soon and good luck with it :smile:
Just an update guys. I just found out an hour ago that I have been offered a position to start in September for Openreach Engineering :biggrin:. I am naturally excited and cant wait to get started. I will be around to offer any advice or support to applicants as I have had such good support on here especially from Jade Catherine.
Just an update guys. I just found out an hour ago that I have been offered a position to start in September for Openreach Engineering :biggrin:. I am naturally excited and cant wait to get started. I will be around to offer any advice or support to applicants as I have had such good support on here especially from Jade Catherine.

Congratulations mate!! You starting on 19th September?
Well done on the start, hope a few of us can follow in your footsteps :smile:
Original post by jade.catherine
Congratulations mate!! You starting on 19th September?

Thank you very much. The lady just said contract will be sent through soon and its to start in september.

Original post by Ramiriquez
Well done on the start, hope a few of us can follow in your footsteps :smile:

Stay positive and it should come through!

Quick Reply

Latest