Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BT Apprenticeship 2016 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Got a call the other day asking if I was still interested in attending the AC- I said no and I already got a new job but I imagine they're trying to organise one around Cheshire/ Merseyside.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an assessment centre in the Midlands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yougo132)
    Anyone had an assessment centre in the Midlands?
    I had one in Birmingham on the 4th July. Still waiting for a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackAFC)
    I had one in Birmingham on the 4th July. Still waiting for a reply
    Ah ok, I've been waiting for like 3 months and have not had a confirmed date for the assesment centre yet :/
    How long did you wait?

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, I've been waiting for like 3 months and have not had a confirmed date for the assesment centre yet :/
    How long did you wait?
    I waited about 2 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackAFC)
    I waited about 2 months
    Not looking good for me then...
    Anyway thanks and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Not looking good for me then...
    Anyway thanks and good luck!
    Never give up hope! However, do have other irons in the fire incase it does not work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanBrandon89)
    Never give up hope! However, do have other irons in the fire incase it does not work out.
    Yes, just BT has the better offer

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,Has anyone from Glasgow had news of Assessment days yet? I got an email saying that they have found a position and Ive to go to an assessment center, and they will get in touch - that was Jul 25, 2016.

I applied last year and no luck - said I hadn't met some criteria, and just in-case i chanced my luck this year and I applied - with the pretty much the exact same application form as the first, and got a strengths test, then after I'd totally forgot about it, actually ended up binning the emails - July 25th I get an email saying Ive to go to an assessment center. Anyone heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    I got the same email for London/essex and I presume we will get invited. Would be nice if anyone else could confirm that though.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for 2017 apprenticeship programme on 31st Jan 2017. Had the situational judgment test the same day which I passed. Then had a video interview on the 7th feb 2017. Got an mail the same day saying I passed this stage. They are now considering me for an assessment centre.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Waqar, What kind of questions did they ask you for the video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanrev)
    Hey Waqar, What kind of questions did they ask you for the video interview?
    Hobbies and interest, why you want to join BT and what would you bring, why you applied for this particular apprenticeship, about customer service etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaqarAliShabir)
    I applied for 2017 apprenticeship programme on 31st Jan 2017. Had the situational judgment test the same day which I passed. Then had a video interview on the 7th feb 2017. Got an mail the same day saying I passed this stage. They are now considering me for an assessment centre.
    Hi Waqar are you still waiting for an assessment date or have you heard from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicalilly)
    Hi Waqar are you still waiting for an assessment date or have you heard from them?
    Got an email saying were pleased to say u passed the video interview however we cant progress your application at this moment as we dont have any vacancies available in ur area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicalilly)
    I am also waiting for an assessment date , reading previous posts in this thread looks like it might be a long wait , what location have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    TSO - IT - Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJD16)
    I am also waiting for an assessment date , reading previous posts in this thread looks like it might be a long wait , what location have you applied to?
    It's my boyfriend not me and in the Martlesham area. Let me know if you get an assessment

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't join the engineering apprenticeship be patient an find something else . All it basically is is cheap labour they will pay you peanuts to do jobs that better paid engineers do . As you'll be doing the exact some thing as them . Don't say I didn't warn you . Good luck .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliemurray3)
    I applied for an Advanced apprenticeship - Information Technology in Edinburgh, after looking at my profile again looks like on the same day i received the email saying i had passed the initial screening an application was automatically put in for "Advanced Apprentice - Network Engineer - Openreach BCD"

I'm assuming this was probably the role they found suitable for me and had available!

Also there was 4 withdraws all of Higher apprenticeships... Assuming as i don't have the grades...

Anyone else had on change to theirs?
    Hi I have been invited to assessment for BT
    Advanced Apprenticeship- TSO IT Networks .
    PLEASE can you help on interview questions. Did they ask an technical question
    s . Any information will be helpful. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.