Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BT Apprenticeship 2016 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanBrandon89)
    Surely they must of seen that its a draft and its not completed though and it refers to the completed application. If it doesent then its just mind boggling to say the least and they should let us complete our applications before emailing for further info. On one application it asks what areas you are interested in applying for too and my draft was not a preference on my completed application.
    Well I emailed them two days ago, for more information about the IT - TSO change in my application, they said the would reply within two days, I am going to ask for a Phone number because I need some clarity on which application they have put forward, whether it is the engineering or the IT application, If I do get the number I will share it with you, because it looks like you need clarity as well

ReputationRep:
    I applied 1 month ago today! No confusion on mine with drafts or anything just the "Application Received" status still lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Jae)
    Well I emailed them two days ago, for more information about the IT - TSO change in my application, they said the would reply within two days, I am going to ask for a Phone number because I need some clarity on which application they have put forward, whether it is the engineering or the IT application, If I do get the number I will share it with you, because it looks like you need clarity as well
    I had an email saying 2 days response, was about 8 before I got a response.
    The email back was sent at 10.10pm so they must be working late!

ReputationRep:
    I have a few job interviews lined up but this company is who I would hold out for hands down. Just the waiting time is frustrating as I want to change careers so the longer this goes on the more im left unsure like all you guys... yes we are all in the same boat im afraid!

ReputationRep:
    I have a few job interviews lined up but this company is who I would hold out for hands down. Just the waiting time is frustrating as I want to change careers so the longer this goes on the more im left unsure like all you guys... yes we are all in the same boat im afraid!
    Same here mate, I moved jobs in Jan but hate where I am now, so looking to move back to old job and do that until I hopefully start with BT!

I'll be taking a paycut for this apprenticeship which will be tough with a little one, house etc but the chance to earn more than I am now and doing something I'll actually enjoy will keep me going!

ReputationRep:
    I currently have an apprenticeship with is due to finish in July, and like you said I want a career change, and I feel like I'm pushing everything away for this opportunity with BT, but they take too long with their applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenLStoke)
    Same here mate, I moved jobs in Jan but hate where I am now, so looking to move back to old job and do that until I hopefully start with BT!

I'll be taking a paycut for this apprenticeship which will be tough with a little one, house etc but the chance to earn more than I am now and doing something I'll actually enjoy will keep me going!
    There are decent human beings out there like yourself who actually just want to go to work, enjoy their job and try their best and support their families. I couldent agree more with you either A_Jae... There is a difference between waiting and pushing things away because of waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you guys got the Email

'we’re progressing your application for the BT Apprenticeship Programme to the next stage, which is to be considered with other candidates in your area for an Assessment Centre.'

If so what area are you from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Jae)

'we’re progressing your application for the BT Apprenticeship Programme to the next stage, which is to be considered with other candidates in your area for an Assessment Centre.'

I wish haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Jae)

I have, Midlands here!

ReputationRep:
    I wish haha!
    What stage is your application on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Jae)
    What stage is your application on ?
    Application Received!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhisiart)
    I have, Midlands here!
    What area of Midlands, and what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    What area of Midlands, and what did you apply for?
    Shropshire, all being well. Applied for engineering with a hope of getting Openreach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhisiart)
    Shropshire, all being well. Applied for engineering with a hope of getting Openreach.
    Staffordshire, so hoping something comes back soon!

ReputationRep:
    What Happens when you click on the application received ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Jae)
    What Happens when you click on the application received ?
    When I click application received it just says the usual;

Thank you for completing your application. We're currently reviewing the content and will let you know if we have any queries. Otherwise we'll be in touch soon to let you know whether you've been successful in reaching the next stage.

ReputationRep:

Thank you for completing your application. We're currently reviewing the content and will let you know if we have any queries. Otherwise we'll be in touch soon to let you know whether you've been successful in reaching the next stage.
    I think they review each area individually, you will get an answer, but BT are bad with waiting times, I've been offered to do a course in august, that would mean me being in Yorkshire for two weeks, but I dont want to miss anything for BT,

ReputationRep:

This...

ReputationRep:
    Probably do my area last being as its where they base the engineers for a bit at yarnfield, live about 10 mile away from there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.