Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BT Apprenticeship 2016 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aomarone)
    Going to the assessment centre this Tuesday
    Where are you from? And where is your assessment center taking place?

ReputationRep:
    East London and opposite St. Paul's station. I think that's where the office is

ReputationRep:
    Just applied last Thursday (24th) for Information Technology, did the situational strengths test and was told a couple of minutes later I had passed.Then the next day they gave me a feedback report. Does anybody know how long it takes from this stage to know whether you're invited to an assessment centre? I know it does vary but how long did it take in your case?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the North West been invited to an assessment centre? Anybody know where the assessment centres are? I really want this apprenticeship but I am not very good at interview, any advice welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danthom)
    Anyone in the North West been invited to an assessment centre? Anybody know where the assessment centres are? I really want this apprenticeship but I am not very good at interview, any advice welcome.
    Things they tend to ask at interview is what do you know about BT? Why us? Why this particular apprenticeship? Sometimes questions on how good you are at working in teams etc that sort of thing but best thing to do is just look up more about the company and its apprenticeships and what interests you. All the best mate

ReputationRep:
    Had an email Friday saying found roles that are a match and now being considered with other candidates in my area for assessment centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenLStoke)
    Had an email Friday saying found roles that are a match and now being considered with other candidates in my area for assessment centre.
    Congratulations mate... Hope you hear something soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanBrandon89)
    Congratulations mate... Hope you hear something soon!
    Cheers mate, hope you do too!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers mate, hope you do too!
    I haven't heard anything since the 14th of March mate. ^^ Sent them numerous emails to ask if they received my reply but nothing unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    Did you ever get a reply from any of your initial emails mate?

ReputationRep:
    Are the assessment centres mixed, in terms of the the schemes the people there applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jampot98)
    Are the assessment centres mixed, in terms of the the schemes the people there applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think so in the assessment centre I attended all the people there had applied for IT

ReputationRep:
    They took a long time to reply to me for my assessment day but i've got mine in watford on 4/4/16. You can always send them an email and ask, thats what I did after not hearing for a long period of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade.catherine)
    They took a long time to reply to me for my assessment day but i've got mine in watford on 4/4/16. You can always send them an email and ask, thats what I did after not hearing for a long period of time.
    I reverted to speaking to HR after 5+ emails which were unanswered in the target time frame of 48 hours. Found out the person dealing with my application form is out of the office until tuesday next week... Nothing since the 14th March would probably explain this.

ReputationRep:
    I just had to email them as logged into my applications and it shows Withdrawn under "Advanced Apprentice - Openreach BCD", the others are still active though. It sounds as though I may have done it so emailed just to make sure!

ReputationRep:
    You should find out if there's someone else who can deal with your application. But they do arrange assessment centres until mid may so if you don't hear by may I'd start chasing it up.

ReputationRep:
    just received an email today from someone in HR inviting me to an assessment center on the 19th of this month. They had been trying to contact me via mobile but due to me being out the country they couldn't get a hold of me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliemurray3)
    just received an email today from someone in HR inviting me to an assessment center on the 19th of this month. They had been trying to contact me via mobile but due to me being out the country they couldn't get a hold of me!
    Thats perfect!! Good luck, what role are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade.catherine)
    Thats perfect!! Good luck, what role are you applying for?
    Originally applied for Information technology, but been put forward Openreach - Neowork Engineer - which i'm chuffed with anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliemurray3)
    Originally applied for Information technology, but been put forward Openreach - Neowork Engineer - which i'm chuffed with anyway!
    Good to hear mate well done!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.