Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I'm in my 3rd year of medicine. 3rd year finishes on 3rd June and we come back for 4th year on Monday 20th June. Assuming I've met all the application deadlines and registered again with the university, will my Term 1 payment of my maintenance loan be in June or will I have to wait until September like usual (even though I'll be 3 months into 4th year by then).

Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

For going into 4th year in June you will need to complete a 2015/2016 application. Assuming your 3rd year started the same time last year, the payment will be made when you start your course year.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying.

Our 3rd year started in September 2015. We break up for a short summer holiday in May and start 4th year on 20th June 2016. 4th year then lasts until June 2017. So surely I'll need to apply for 2016/17 funding? Will this affect when we're paid?

Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi sfwarren

If your course starts prior to 1st August, you will usually fall under the previous academic year (15/16) but this would be classed as a multi-academic year.
    If the university has the course start date on our database as being 01/09/2016 of after, you would then apply for the 2016/2017 academic year.

I would advise to speak to the university to see what year they advise you to apply for.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.