The Student Room Group

My Law Teacher is Useless!

Scroll to see replies

Excuse me but I am a lawyer with years of experience and chose to leave for the sake of my children (long horus etc). My students receive excellent quality teaching at from level 3 to level 6!! Not everyone who teaches cannot do. I do accept that there are a lot of bad teachers out there who would benefit from practising law in order to understand how it actually works in the real world. Law is not an easy subject and there are no short cuts so expect hard work. If going onto University then expect to work even harder!! If you do not get the support you need then buy a good book and study yourself. That's what I did at college asonly one lecturer was any good. The Uni lecturers simply talk at you and you are excpected to be self directed so there is usually less support.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by neal95
get in to the habit of self study and stop relying on your teachers. you will fare much better at university and will surprise yourself at how much you can learn and get ahead studying this way.

well said and absolutely spot on!
Reply 42
What you could do is get a really good revision guide, there's plenty of books on Amazon to get you through the year and just do timed essays.

I did AS Law last year practically self taught and got 96% on the papers altogether with dropping only 2 marks on English Legal System.

I'm thinking of writing a revision guide for OCR Law for AS Level structuring the essays (basically giving you the essays to revise from) do you think this would be helpful to you and other people?
Original post by xabsx
What you could do is get a really good revision guide, there's plenty of books on Amazon to get you through the year and just do timed essays.

I did AS Law last year practically self taught and got 96% on the papers altogether with dropping only 2 marks on English Legal System.

I'm thinking of writing a revision guide for OCR Law for AS Level structuring the essays (basically giving you the essays to revise from) do you think this would be helpful to you and other people?

go for it. and you might wanna send a free copy to both @0123456543210 and @SinsNotTragedies
Original post by xabsx

That's very impressive. Sometimes teachers just create confusion, so a revision guide would be insanely helpful. Btw, I actually typed up a decent set of notes for a2 crim law, maybe someone would find it helpful as well?
Original post by Audrey18
go for it. and you might wanna send a free copy to both @0123456543210 and @SinsNotTragedies

Thanks, Audrey
Original post by hollieperry
Hi, I'm doing AS law on OCR and I was wondering if anyone had notes on the first year as my teacher is absolutely useless, when I asked her what specification we were doing, she had no clue what a specification was! All she does is tell us does highlight the same things in the text book as she had.
Any help would be appreciated please.

I surely do have my 1st year notes. What modules are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending