Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I've been offered a conditional place at Plymouth uni. I was wondering if the applicant days are strictly compulsory since I might not be able to make it for any of them.

What usually happens on the days? Will I miss anything vitally important? Will they frown upon me not turning up and therefore decide not to accept me? I'm quite nervous about missing out, but it's very likely I will not be able to make it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamHewetson)
    Hey

I've been offered a conditional place at Plymouth uni. I was wondering if the applicant days are strictly compulsory since I might not be able to make it for any of them.

What usually happens on the days? Will I miss anything vitally important? Will they frown upon me not turning up and therefore decide not to accept me? I'm quite nervous about missing out, but it's very likely I will not be able to make it.

Thanks

No, they are not. They can't take the offer back once they've given it to you Besides, they probably won't know you won't attend.

Congrats on your offer btw
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Thanks
    Hi SamHewetson,

Congratulations on receiving a conditional offer with Plymouth University! Applicant Days offer a more tailored, course-specific event for applicants, a chance to experience the city, and meet other applicants and academic staff.

You can find our more information at our applicant day page, and by following #plymappday on Instagram and Twitter.

For some courses, Applicant Days are a time to run interviews as well, but if you don't have an interview then attendance at our Applicant Days aren't obligatory, and you won't be treated any differently should you not be able to make it.

Feel free to get in touch should you need any other information, I hope this puts your mind at ease!

Dale :bl:

Plymouth University

#PlymUniApply

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for your response!

I've looked at the website page but it still feels a little vague to me. I have a few questions about what actually goes on at the Applicant Days themselves.

When do they start and end?
    Do you have to be there from start and end, or can you arrive late and leave early whenever you want?
    Are all events compulsory?
    What events/activities will there be?
    I'm most interested in campus tours. Will there be any?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for your response!

I've looked at the website page but it still feels a little vague to me. I have a few questions about what actually goes on at the Applicant Days themselves.

When do they start and end?
    Do you have to be there from start and end, or can you arrive late and leave early whenever you want?
    Are all events compulsory?
    What events/activities will there be?
    I'm most interested in campus tours. Will there be any?
    Hi SamHewetson,

I've been in contact with one of our Events Team Assistants for you and here's what she had to say:

"Hi Sam!

Applicant Days are a great opportunity to have a more subject-specific experience as well as another chance to get more familiar with the University. Throughout the day we hold a series of central talks giving you lots of information on areas such as accommodation, funding and student life.

We have bus tours of the city, campus tours led by current Student Ambassadors and even tours of the learning facilities during subject-specific activities. These activities depend on the course you are looking to study but will usually go on between 10am – 3pm and can include; welcoming and networking sessions, subject talks, workshops and taster sessions, facility tours, Q&A drop-in’s and for some courses, interviews.

If you register to attend one of our Applicant days, we will send you a copy of the programme one week before the event to give you a chance to plan out your visit and see what you want to do.

Nothing is compulsory on the day; we just want to give potential students more of an impression of what it feels like to be part of our student community.

If you have any more questions,you can always email [email protected] kwhere I am ready to try and answer any questions you might have.

Genevieve "

I hope this information is of help to you SamHewetson, we're more than happy to take the time to answer your queries so don't hesitate to get back in contact with us if there is anything else you'd like to know about Plymouth University, or the city itself.

Have a great weekend :danceboy:

Dale

Plymouth University

#PlymUniApply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.