Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm applying for 5 different Universities in England and I'm already thinking about how I'm going to afford my studies.
    I'm from germany, but I've been living in the UK since January 2015 and working here as an Au Pair since then.
    I will get a different job when starting to study so I can get the student loan.
    Am I correct that I would be eligible for the student loan when having a job and that meaning that I'm a migrant worker?
    And how would I have to apply for that?

Thank you!
    Adriana
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

You can apply as a migrant worker as long as you are working and continue to work throughout your studies.
    Once the 2016/2017 applications are released you can make an account online and apply this way.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi

You can apply as a migrant worker as long as you are working and continue to work throughout your studies.
    Once the 2016/2017 applications are released you can make an account online and apply this way.

Thanks
    Even when I change jobs shortly before going to Uni?
    I'm an Au Pair right now, but I'll start a different job about a month to a couple of weeks before Uni.
    Can I still apply for it, even if I don't know where I'll be working at that time?

ReputationRep:
    Hi AdrianaSFR.

Yes, we won't be able to issue you funding until you've sent some payslip evidence in September anyway, so even if you've changed jobs just before your course it will not matter.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi AdrianaSFR.

Yes, we won't be able to issue you funding until you've sent some payslip evidence in September anyway, so even if you've changed jobs just before your course it will not matter.

Thanks.
    As an Au pair you dont get any payslips.
    I get 120 pounds a week as an au pair.
    Whats the best way now for me to do this?
    When should i get a job with payslip to apply for the student loans so i get money on time to pay for the student halls and everything?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

The funding is only released once you send your payslip evidence in September so you would need to wait until you get your payslip from your new job in September.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.