Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is better for GCSE options?? What would you choose? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im only year 9, and we were given options to choose today. We have to do English Biology Chemistry Physics philosophy/ethics, these are all compulsory.
    And then I have foreign languages, im choosing French.
    And for Humanities the options are geography or history.
    i don't know which one to choose, I find geography interesting, but I think history is useful. What do you think??
    For Creative the options are Art, catering,engineering,music,physi cal education,product design. I'm either interested in art or physical education..
    I heard art is time consuming, but physical education tiring. what should I choose? I need to learn about human biology for PE, i'm good at most sports except football. I need to pick 5 subjects, what I want to choose if I do PE is: swimming(one of the best in my year), table tennis, basketball, badminton, and something else( dunno).
    I find both Pe and Art very interesting, but which one would be more beneficial??

And for open preference, there is astronomy, business studies & economics, computer studies. I want to choose either computer studies or ecomoics, even though i do find stars interesting. Which one would be better to choose? Which is harder? I want to be a business man or architect when I get older, don't really know yet, but what do you think?

What would you choose? I dont like memorising things, but I like to understand how everything works, and I know how to program, but wouldn't business studies be more beneficial?i'm not very good at english, but im aiming to push myself. I like to work things out logically and that... What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubz29)
    Im only year 9, and we were given options to choose today. We have to do English Biology Chemistry Physics philosophy/ethics, these are all compulsory.
    i don't know which one to choose, I find geography interesting, but I think history is useful. What do you think??
    For Creative the options are Art, catering,engineering,music,physi cal education,product design. I'm either interested in art or physical education..
    I heard art is time consuming, but physical education tiring. what should I choose? I need to learn about human biology for PE, i'm good at most sports except football. I need to pick 5 subjects, what I want to choose if I do PE is: swimming(one of the best in my year), table tennis, basketball, badminton, and something else( dunno).
    I find both Pe and Art very interesting, but which one would be more beneficial??

And for open preference, there is astronomy, business studies & economics, computer studies. I want to choose either computer studies or ecomoics, even though i do find stars interesting. Which one would be better to choose? Which is harder? I want to be a business man or architect when I get older, don't really know yet, but what do you think?

What would you choose? I dont like memorising things, but I like to understand how everything works, and I know how to program, but wouldn't business studies be more beneficial?i'm not very good at english, but im aiming to push myself. I like to work things out logically and that... What would you do?
    Firstly, I took history but its up to you.
    You say you want to be an architect so why dont you take art and if you want to be a business man then business studies would be more benificial for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing history edexcel at the moment and i enjoy it! It's not too hard remembering dates and is interesting. All my friends who do both History and Geography prefer history and i know people who absolutely despise geog, but if you enjoy it, pick it!

PE helps with science so it could be more benefical than Art, i don't either subjects so i cant help you there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I say choose history, history has a lot more essays than geography but this will only help you improve on the skill to transfer to other essay based subjects like English. I chose both geo and history and theyre both similar in importance but for me history is definitely far more interesting. Art is also another essay topic, i heard the writing element in it is as long as English or something and the practical drawing part is long as well. I personally wouldnt choose PE, obviously, any other subject is better than that.
    for the last 3 choices i would say just do what youre interested in that will get you an easy A*

If you hate memorising then i'd go for geography over history. but then again gcse revision revolve around a lot of memorising notes and stuff unless the ideas just clicks in your head

ReputationRep:
    I took graphics and looking back on it I wish I'd done PE. It's a lot more interesting because you get to look at the anatomy of the body as well which has also helped PE students in biology and it's a lot different from your other subjects which would give you a break. Art is a lot of work and once you fall behind on your deadline you have to stay most nights afterschool to catch up again as I've seen most of the art students do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm either interested in art or physical education..
    ?
    In our school you only have to do 4 and it doesn't have to be sports necessarily (for example you could do: swimming, badminton, badminton coaching, table tennis umpiring).

ReputationRep:

Isnt maths supposed to be compulsive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    Isnt maths supposed to be compulsive?
    sorry, forgot about maths XD

ReputationRep:
    sorry, forgot about maths XD
    Oh okay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.