Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

US reportedly to probe alleged Russian financial aid to EU parties Watch

ReputationRep:

Being a bit of a conspiracy theorist I think I have an idea of what is going on here.

Look at some of the parties mentioned.

With Golden Dawn you have an ultra-nationalist neo-Nazi party to be perfectly honest. However they have spoken out against the Ukraine nationalists who they say are being used. You may have heard that America supports neo-Nazi's in Ukraine and it is somewhat true. They supported ultra-nationalists, many who share neo-Nazi views but are being used against Russia.

Front National have been doing well as of late and sent the establishment parties in panic. They are the only party who genuinely opposes mass immigration but there is more to them than that. They are critical of NATO, Western foreign policy and of course the situation in Ukraine and sanctions against Russia.

Do I think Russia is supporting these parties? I think they'd like Front National to win, but certainly not extremists like Golden Dawn.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.