Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

MMU is my first choice for September (literally cannot wait!) and I'm currently choosing which accommodation to stay in. So far I'm drawn to Daisy Bank because of the free bus pas however where does the bus go to? Does it go to the center of Manchester and to the MMU campuses? Is the pass completely free and unlimited for a year? How easy is it to get a bus? Also how long do they run for?

I'm stuck between Daisy Bank and Briarfield. If you have any advice on each one then please tell me:-)

Sorry for all the questions, ahaha.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I lived in daisy bank last year. The bus takes you anywhere in Manchester via magic and stagecoach buses. If you walk down Daisy bank road to Anson road there is a bus (50) which takes you to All saints campus however this bus was sometimes unreliable as it could be late meaning a 15 minute wait then two buses show up at once. Alternatively walking further along to Oxford road there is usually plenty of buses to catch. Yes the pass is unlimited and it's fairly easy getting the bus. In my opinion the bus pass is worth it especially as it is the cheapest en suite accommodation. The only problem I had at daisy bank was noisy neighbours (in particular the people above played music all hours) but that you will have to cope with in first year haha
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Briarfields is nearer to the university and it's a fairly similar in price and criteria?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I've completely changed my mind and going to apply to cambridge halls! It seems like theres a much better social life there haha!
    (Original post by Hannahk17)
    Briarfields is nearer to the university and it's a fairly similar in price and criteria?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.