Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im embarrassed about where i live? Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    what the hell do u do!! jeez thats alot of time a week!
    It's Direct Marketing, I'm a salesman working with a company trying to break into the UK market from the states

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    It's Direct Marketing, I'm a salesman working with a company trying to break into the UK market from the states
    sounds good! if there looking for admin or trainee manager, you know where to find me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anongreenx)
    I live in a council house, but not many people know about it apart from my close friends. I dont want to sound stuck up because im honestly not but i am quite popular and im not ugly (i promise im not stuck up!!😂😂) im nice, friendly, intelligent and i have a lot of friends but only a few know about where i live. I attract a lot of boys and im happy with my fashion sense. Now because i live in a council house in a dodgy estate a lot of people assume im like the stereotypical skank that deals drugs and wears tracksuits everywhere i go but im not like that at all!! And it stops me from getting closer to my friends or getting into relationships (although i am only 15 but still!!) and i may sound like im over exaggerating a little bit by saying this but i havent gone one day without worrying about it and i cry about it all the time. i dont let people round my house and when people give me a lift home i make them drop me off before we get to my estate, its so embarrassing.
    never be embarrassed, where you live is part of your identity. i live in a flat thats legit FILLED with drug dealers and prostitutes and what not. hell, my next door neighbour deals with drugs. And whenever people call me ghetto or tramp or any of that, i dont let it affect me because thats when it gets alot worst. Be proud of where you live. SHow them that they can say sh** and all its gonna do is backfire at them. prove to them that you are proud of who you are; especially with the fact that you're poppular; it would make it harder for them to make fun of you! if they say any crap come up with a comeback or slap them or do something that wouldnt only shut them up but would also make the others not have the guts to bully you because of where you live. BE STRONG

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.