The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Summer Placement 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by velvetsky
Offer from boots today

Posted from TSR Mobile

is this an offer for the boots pre reg or the placement?
Original post by qadi56
is this an offer for the boots pre reg or the placement?

Placement :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Has anyone heard back from Boots regarding the pre registration placements?
Reply 63

on your boots jobs online application portal, did the HR status say "under offer" that's what mine says, but they have not sent me any emails yet...
Reply 64
Original post by sachinisgod
I got rejected by Boots for 1st 2nd and 3rd year AND Pre reg lol, maybe it was meant for me not to work at that hellhole.

Ive already got my Lloyds pre reg, as i did my summer placement with them, i automatically got a pre reg interview and as i was one of the top ranked ( as i was told) I got offered my first choice location.

did boots send you an email? I haven't heard anything back from them yet.
got the boots placement too
I guess I dont have any placements this summer :frown: could be a good thing - free time to enjoy or revise for resits :smile:
Original post by AboutThatLife93
I guess I dont have any placements this summer :frown: could be a good thing - free time to enjoy or revise for resits :smile:

Dont worry i didnt get any placements with the big chains in 1st and 2nd year. I worked at my local independent pharmacy as holiday cover and got paid more/learnt more than i would have done in a chain! 3rd year summer is when you are more likely to get a placement

So just enjoy your holidays or do part time work ( doesn't have to be pharmacy)
Reply 68
Original post by sachinisgod
Dont worry i didnt get any placements with the big chains in 1st and 2nd year. I worked at my local independent pharmacy as holiday cover and got paid more/learnt more than i would have done in a chain! 3rd year summer is when you are more likely to get a placement

So just enjoy your holidays or do part time work ( doesn't have to be pharmacy)

By third year summer theres no point in doing a placement. because by that point you should already have pre-regs sorted.

Doing a placement may be useful for own personal development and the money though.

In first and second year i didn't get any summer placements, but in my second year summer i applied for jobs in pharmacy and managed to get one with boots. (with no prior experience) So just keep trying! chains are desperate for cover during summer.
Original post by qadi56
By third year summer theres no point in doing a placement. because by that point you should already have pre-regs sorted.

Doing a placement may be useful for own personal development and the money though.

In first and second year i didn't get any summer placements, but in my second year summer i applied for jobs in pharmacy and managed to get one with boots. (with no prior experience) So just keep trying! chains are desperate for cover during summer.

You don't send off your pre-reg application until late summer right?, so anything from about May-July could still go on your application I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
You don't send off your pre-reg application until late summer right?, so anything from about May-July could still go on your application I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because boots have already interviewed, lloyds and wells applications have already closed. You won't be able to put on ur application before you've done the placements.

Maybe if ur interviews are after the placements u could talk about it.

But interviews are generally competency based anyway.
Original post by qadi56
No because boots have already interviewed, lloyds and wells applications have already closed. You won't be able to put on ur application before you've done the placements.

Maybe if ur interviews are after the placements u could talk about it.

But interviews are generally competency based anyway.

No way. I didn't know that. I thought you applied for community at the beginning of 4th year & then hospital and the end of 3rd year . What year are you in?.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
No way. I didn't know that. I thought you applied for community at the beginning of 4th year & then hospital and the end of 3rd year . What year are you in?.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in third year and applications for most places closed in January.
Original post by qadi56
Im in third year and applications for most places closed in January.

No wonder why 3rd years always look stressed. I'm in 2nd year. How is your pre-reg application process going? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
No wonder why 3rd years always look stressed. I'm in 2nd year. How is your pre-reg application process going? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well. so far I've interviewed for boots. Im still waiting to hear back from them. They said we should hear this week.

Lloyds are still processing their pre reg but iv had an interview for the lloyds placement and been made an offer. but I'm not sure if i should do it.
Im so stressed tbh cus I've had millions of assignments and exams :frown:

So just want boots to reply to me asap so i can at least get one headache out of the way.

How are your applications for placement going? Have you done any before?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by qadi56
Well. so far I've interviewed for boots. Im still waiting to hear back from them. They said we should hear this week.

Lloyds are still processing their pre reg but iv had an interview for the lloyds placement and been made an offer. but I'm not sure if i should do it.
Im so stressed tbh cus I've had millions of assignments and exams :frown:

So just want boots to reply to me asap so i can at least get one headache out of the way.

How are your applications for placement going? Have you done any before?

Good luck! Hope they make you an offer.
Well it depends, it would be just for career development I guess. I would definitely do it if you have time, experience wouldn't hurt but wouldn't go out of my way to.
Sounds stressful :0 ,chin up ,you're nearly at the end!!

I applied for 2 chain community placements (boots & Lloyds) and got rejected by Lloyds. I also applied for a placement with an independent, all I need to do now confirm the dates with the manager. I applied for 3 hospital placements ,I didn't hear back from 2 of them and secured an interview for the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 76
Good luck! Hope they make you an offer.
Well it depends, it would be just for career development I guess. I would definitely do it if you have time, experience wouldn't hurt but wouldn't go out of my way to.
Sounds stressful :0 ,chin up ,you're nearly at the end!!

I applied for 2 chain community placements (boots & Lloyds) and got rejected by Lloyds. I also applied for a placement with an independent, all I need to do now confirm the dates with the manager. I applied for 3 hospital placements ,I didn't hear back from 2 of them and secured an interview for the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like you're doing well with placements! If you want to go into hospital I would definatelt recommend you do the placement because they are so hard to come by.

The reason I'm unsure about taking lloyds placement is because I already work for boots, so it may be difficult balancing both jobs together..
Reply 77
wooooo got boots offer
Original post by qadi56
Sounds like you're doing well with placements! If you want to go into hospital I would definatelt recommend you do the placement because they are so hard to come by.

The reason I'm unsure about taking lloyds placement is because I already work for boots, so it may be difficult balancing both jobs together..

Ofcourse!. Hospital opportunities are very difficult to come by.
Oh well if you already work for Boots then there's no point. Are you a dispenser , technician or HCA?. If you are then you are already doing a lot more than what you would be doing on placement :/

Congratulations on your boots offer!!!!.So pleased for you:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Ofcourse!. Hospital opportunities are very difficult to come by.
Oh well if you already work for Boots then there's no point. Are you a dispenser , technician or HCA?. If you are then you are already doing a lot more than what you would be doing on placement :/

Congratulations on your boots offer!!!!.So pleased for you:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im a dispenser and HCA. :smile:

I got the offer in the store I already work at.
Thank you! I'm just glad i don't have to do anymore applications haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending