The Student Room Group

OU

What degree classification from the OU would enable someone to study Medicine after studying with the OU?
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think there would be specific differences in what classification unis would require for OU vs other unis - usually this is a 1st or a 2.i. But if you're not sure about the specifics of your degree, your best bet is to contact admissions tutors, they should be able to advise fairly easily.
Original post by junior.doctor
I don't think there would be specific differences in what classification unis would require for OU vs other unis - usually this is a 1st or a 2.i. But if you're not sure about the specifics of your degree, your best bet is to contact admissions tutors, they should be able to advise fairly easily.

I love that avatar already
Why would the required degree classification be different for graduates of the OU...?

Each graduate entry medical school describes their admissions requirements on their respective websites. They usually require a 2.1 (although not all) but will also detail the subjects that they consider acceptable.
Reply 4
Original post by MonteCristo
Why would the required degree classification be different for graduates of the OU...?

Each graduate entry medical school describes their admissions requirements on their respective websites. They usually require a 2.1 (although not all) but will also detail the subjects that they consider acceptable.

Do you think Natural Sciences is a subject they will find acceptable?
Original post by 1lastchance
Do you think Natural Sciences is a subject they will find acceptable?

I studied Natural Sciences (though not at the OU) and have applied for medicine this cycle without any issues. It shouldn't be a problem. Though if you are considering applying for 4-year graduate-entry-only courses, it's best to check with the universities individually. Some science-graduate-only courses require a certain amount of chemistry or biology in the degree.

Hope this helps.
I agree with ah639 that natural sciences is likely to be acceptable to most (if not all) graduate programmes. There is no substitute for checking the particular requirements on each institution's website, though, before submitting your UCAS form...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending