1lastchance
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What degree classification from the OU would enable someone to study Medicine after studying with the OU?
junior.doctor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think there would be specific differences in what classification unis would require for OU vs other unis - usually this is a 1st or a 2.i. But if you're not sure about the specifics of your degree, your best bet is to contact admissions tutors, they should be able to advise fairly easily.
username2053059
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by junior.doctor)
I don't think there would be specific differences in what classification unis would require for OU vs other unis - usually this is a 1st or a 2.i. But if you're not sure about the specifics of your degree, your best bet is to contact admissions tutors, they should be able to advise fairly easily.
I love that avatar already
MonteCristo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why would the required degree classification be different for graduates of the OU...?

Each graduate entry medical school describes their admissions requirements on their respective websites. They usually require a 2.1 (although not all) but will also detail the subjects that they consider acceptable.
1lastchance
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by MonteCristo)
Why would the required degree classification be different for graduates of the OU...?

Each graduate entry medical school describes their admissions requirements on their respective websites. They usually require a 2.1 (although not all) but will also detail the subjects that they consider acceptable.
Do you think Natural Sciences is a subject they will find acceptable?
notasurgeon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 1lastchance)
Do you think Natural Sciences is a subject they will find acceptable?
I studied Natural Sciences (though not at the OU) and have applied for medicine this cycle without any issues. It shouldn't be a problem. Though if you are considering applying for 4-year graduate-entry-only courses, it's best to check with the universities individually. Some science-graduate-only courses require a certain amount of chemistry or biology in the degree.

Hope this helps.
MonteCristo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with ah639 that natural sciences is likely to be acceptable to most (if not all) graduate programmes. There is no substitute for checking the particular requirements on each institution's website, though, before submitting your UCAS form...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (174)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (516)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (393)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (489)
13.87%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (171)
4.85%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (214)
6.07%
Loneliness (300)
8.51%
Financial worries (129)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (140)
3.97%
Exposure to negative news/social media (159)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (196)
5.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (317)
8.99%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (328)
9.3%

Watched Threads