Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Armed Forces Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to join the Armed Forces, is it tough like to get in, what's training like?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    not as tough as when you get shot in the spine but dont die and become paralyzed for the rest of ur life

(Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    not as tough as when you get shot in the spine but dont die and become paralyzed for the rest of ur life
    If he wants to join don't stop him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidb9966)
    If he wants to join don't stop him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im not

im not
    I know you don't, but it sounds like it, you are writing the worst case scenario when he just asks for advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    yh there are good things about the army. You will get super fit and probably meet some of the best friends of your life there but it is risky and you do have to be aware of the risks
    You joining the infantry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    You joining the infantry?
    no
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    no
    What then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awais_)
    I want to join the Armed Forces, is it tough like to get in, what's training like?

Cheers.
    Roles in the armed forces vary massively in terms of required fitness, training length, risk, etc. what where you considering joining as?

I'm starting basic training for the Royal Marines in a few weeks, so if you've got any questions about what's involved with that I'd be happy to answer them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince_fancybum)
    Roles in the armed forces vary massively in terms of required fitness, training length, risk, etc. what where you considering joining as?

I'm starting basic training for the Royal Marines in a few weeks, so if you've got any questions about what's involved with that I'd be happy to answer them
    I'm thinking of joining as an officer provided I meet the requirements, if not, as a soldier.
    I think an officer would be better for me.

ReputationRep:
    What leadership skills do you have? You'll potentially have the lives of soldiers in your hands so officer selection is very tough.
    Anyway like I asked before what role were you wanting to go into, ie engineers, paras, Coms, etc?

My field of knowledge lies mostly with the marines as that's what I'm going into. I know that there's only one intake of young officers every year, and that less than 1% off applicants will start training. So bear in mind there's a lot of work to do before you apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.