Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UK lotto is fixed! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    there around 20-30 million players of the uk lotto and 45 million combinations so it would there for impossible to win it will only win now because of regulations preventing another draw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Don't bother with something random like lotto then just play large scale bets on football. If you had put say £1000 on Navas to score you would have made a decent amount.

Do you do fantasy premier league? how are you doing this season?
    I don't have much money. I didn't realise the odds were so different online either or else would have won loads. Basically I lack common knowledge. Never played that, how much money could I win?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ringspun)
    I don't have much money. I didn't realise the odds were so different online either or else would have won loads. Basically I lack common knowledge. Never played that, how much money could I win?

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    :facepalm:
    I'm not explaining myself. I'm a wizard, or I'm just extremely confident. Don't know but my money's coming home, baby

Now, I'm not a conspiracy theory-type person, but I will admit - on the rare occassion I put the lottery on - I refuse to get a Lucky Dip.

It's not rational at all, I know, and I can't really explain it, but whattaya gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    Ringspun 2/10 must troll harder.

ReputationRep:
    You have something like more chance of being struck by lightening on the way to buy the ticket, and again on the way back, than actually winning.

I don't agree with the profit split between Camelot and the charities, so I won't play.
    But even I will chuck a couple of quid on if there's a massive rollover

Even a maths professor who was on the radio explaining the odds, and saying that it was a waste of time admitted that he couldn't resist binging a few quid on the rollover

(Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Now, I'm not a conspiracy theory-type person, but I will admit - on the rare occassion I put the lottery on - I refuse to get a Lucky Dip.

It's not rational at all, I know, and I can't really explain it, but whattaya gonna do?
    To be fair, a lot of lotteries encourage irrationalism. I was on the EuroMillions website a few years ago and they had a statistics page with information like 'most overdue numbers' or 'most frequent pairs', with the implication that those things have an effect on future draws.

Guess there's more money in pandering to ignorance than explaining it away. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    People don't seem to understand basic arithmetic very well...

If something had, say, a one in a billion chance of happening, it doesn't make it impossible. Things with a one in one billion chance of happening happen all the time. You're underestimating the amount of events in the Universe.

As for the lottery, people win it all the time. Just because you personally haven't won doesn't mean nobody wins.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that lottery must be set up. My weekly horoscope, which never lies, told me that 'an investment will yield high returns' and I didn't invest in anything else so I knew straight away that would I win the lottery. I bought 150 tickets just in case. I know at least one of them must of won - like most things, this is just a numbers game, I know I won the jackpot, I was even planning my holiday for ****s sake **** the government I got screwed over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ringspun)
    The pattern between this weeks balls and 2 weeks ago b4 jackpot was won and on both occasions no winner is not right. You're telling me no one picked 8, 30,40,50,54,57(bonus 13) then this week 18, 36,37,38,54,57 (bonus 14)!
    Each draw is an independent event so patterns between draws are irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    I've always had a sneaky suspicion that the Lotto was fixed by Santa Claus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.